exhaust tips melting my bumper

ddcboyle

So long story short. Got exhaust fitted a while back, fitted fine, now my left hand (passenger side) exhaust top appears to be melting bumper (its touching the bumper). Right exhaust tip is fine for room. Ive attached photos.

I have already checked its on the rubber seals, and it is. From what I can see theres only 2 plugs, I know theres normally 3 but I couldnt see any other plug. Any ideas what it could be?

Rear bumper

20130703_151133_zpsd0ba0045.jpg

left tip

20130703_151142_zps1e73fa83.jpg

right tip

20130703_151147_zps57a68d0d.jpg

Can't really tell from the pics, but are the tips and 'bend' sections attached to the back box by clamps (ala Cobra)?

If so, loosen them off and twist the left hand one down before re-tightening up.

Have you been over any speed bumps lately might have bent it up a bit :shrug:

Nothing that would have scraped exhaust, I was at zed shed and got clutch changed, that was the last time it was off. Ill need to have a look, I doubt the gf has went over speed bumps although sometimes I wonder if she even slows down.

The exhaust is definetly leaning to the right more than the left, but plugs are in and secure, not sure if maybe further back than the backbox and thats leading it off?

• 2 months later...