What do people think

balla

Right started modding the z doing visuals but also looking at a little engine work.

So far I have done exhaust manifolds. Decats :p, japspeed k1 exhaust, ordered a plenum spacer and injen cold air feed but dunno weather to do the injectors and fuel rail before the remap what's people's verdict with my current mods I don't know what rating the current injectors have before you need to start changing these things. Also they look a lot better I know you can't see the fuel rail but I know it's there ;)

Ps anything I have missed would be greatly appreciated

I think it was octet who had a fuel return system on his before it was supercharged and he said it felt a lot better. you wont need to upgrade the injectors with they mods as they should be working within their limits even with the remap and headers etc. best guy to ask to make sure would be mark at abbey. with the standard vortech supercharger kit you don't need to upgrade the injectors and that's running around 360hp so you should be fine

• Like 1

I like the fact it's a quick car without fi super charge would be the way I go but ill have to have a change in circumstances to afford one of them 6k minimum isn't it ?

So basically if I did fuel return system and left the injectors I'd see a better gain than changing the injectors and fuel rail with my current mods ?

I'm mainly looking for more response ATM rather than big power increase which is what I should get, I just don't want to get it remapped and then realise I should have uprated something else before putting it in

The response will increase with an UpRev either way as it lifts the throttle body opening restriction in the lower three gears, 70% opening in 1st, 80% in 2nd and 90% in 3rd.

after the remap you should have 100% on all gears which should return you with a more responsive car, well it did for me anyway

im not sure if the return system will be worth it, id say instead of buying that get a lightened flywheel

+1 to that, if you want quick response that and an upRev will do the job nicely!

agreed. BM's car has an upRev and mine doesn't. Exactly same age but I think mine has less miles at 57k.

Mark left me standing. Granted he does have other mods such as eibach ARB's I believe but it defiantly helps with initial getaway.

If I'm right, it's not that first gear is limited to 70% throttle as such, more that there is a delay between what your foot asks for and what the engine gives in 1st 2nd and 3rd. upRev removes this :)