hubcentric and normal spacers question

ddcboyle

More importantly, the hubcentric spacers ensure that the weight of the car is transferred through the hub to the wheel and not through the studs.

The studs are designed to keep the wheel on the car; not take the weight of it. If you get non hubcentric ones for 25mm you run the risk of snapping all your wheel studs and having 3 wheels on your wagon!

Never run non hubcentric spacers. the hubcentric part centers the wheel on the spacer (same as it would on the hub) meaning the wheel sits central and there is no chance of developing a vibration.

Thanks. Im presuming theres no danger for those buying the add on spacers, its just simply a better more accurate feel if its hubcentric?

looking at hubcentric 25mm rear spacers now. Already got frint from 4reLeather

Never run non hubcentric spacers. the hubcentric part centers the wheel on the spacer (same as it would on the hub) meaning the wheel sits central and there is no chance of developing a vibration.

Thanks. Im presuming theres no danger for those buying the add on spacers, its just simply a better more accurate feel if its hubcentric?

This is what you need, tried and tested - http://cougarstore.c...9d4e9a08c2a9c9f :)

http://cougarstore.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_18&products_id=169 :D

Non hubcentric and chinese... I don't normally say bad things about things on forums but I genuinely wouldn't want to go in your car when you are giving it some.

Non hubcentric physically work yes, but why buy them when you can buy ones that do the job properly and better? Why risk doing serious damage to your car over an extra few quid?

Non hubcentric and chinese... I don't normally say bad things about things on forums but I genuinely wouldn't want to go in your car when you are giving it some.

Non hubcentric physically work yes, but why buy them when you can buy ones that do the job properly and better? Why risk doing serious damage to your car over an extra few quid?

I know little about this sort of stuff but id have to agree with you. Cheap isnt always good. Had cheapo air filter on car when I got it. If I slowed down too fast it would stall my car and lost power steering etc. Im sure same applies for most.

Maybe eisbach spacers are good, and hubcentric aafer option or.. better option. Not sure id rely on non branded on my wheels

Bloody hell, your making out like your wheels are going to fall off first corner!

ive had the blue Chinese ones off ebay, 30mm front and rear. never had a problem, had them on for 8 months? perfect.

When buying parts do you not think "what's the worst thing that can happen if this fails"? Because if a spacer fails, or causes something else to fail, you're going to know about it. Cheap isn't always bad, but certain parts shouldn't be chanced on.

You may well drive on them for 10 years with no issues, great. However your wheel may fall off tomorrow and cause you several hundred pounds worth of damage. All for £20 a corner. Not so great.

Wheels and brakes always struck me as the two big no nos when it comes to skimping on the cash. If just about anything else on your car brakes but you have your wheels and brakes, you can minimise the damage to you car and yourself. If your wheels or brakes go, you are most likely going to die.

Grim fact but one worth keeping in mind.

This is what you need, tried and tested - http://cougarstore.c...9d4e9a08c2a9c9f :)

http://cougarstore.c...products_id=169 :D

is that for a pair or for all 4 (ditto the 370 page) - its not very clear :shrug:

http://cougarstore.c...products_id=169 :D

is that for a pair or for all 4 (ditto the 370 page) - its not very clear :shrug:

They're sold as a pair, front and rear sets are only listed for the 350z as a 20mm/25mm combo as per the first link I posted above... :)

I Run eBay specials here, drifted and tracked and no issues. Just thought id stick that in for all the moaning bitches who keep repeating everything about running expensive spacers.

Exactly. a several other forum members use them. just search through some progress blogs.