My week off!! (Zedrush...do NOT read this!!!)

Andy

I have had a few days off and have had a LSD door kit in my garage for a while so I thought i'd crack on and fit it!! Here is how I got on!!

Take a perfectly good 350z!

100_0880.jpg

Jack up the front.

Picture005.jpg

Removal of bumper and wings.

Picture006.jpg

Put in a safe place!!!

Picture012.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Everything off.

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Taken the door off and test fit the new hinge.

Picture018.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Put to bed at the end of Day 1!!

Picture024.jpg

Extension of the existing wiring harness

Picture027.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Running the new TV cable and speaker cable through to the door.

Picture030.jpg

Customisation of the wing.

Picture036.jpg

Remounting of the door on the new hinge.

Picture043.jpg

Success!!!

Picture050.jpg

Put to bed at the end of Day 2

Picture051.jpg

I am currently working on the passenger door but rain has stopped play so thought I would put some pics up!!

Great work Andy!

But quick question, what "customisation of the wing" needs to take place? I thought the kit just fits without "major" mods?

:blush:

Just wondering as I nearly bought some of these in the past and thought they didn't require body mods etc?

Okay thats it the gloves are coming off ::rant::rant::rant:

I spent a whole hour and whole week convincing you not too, do you listen? NO..lol :p;)

Good work mate, hope you dont have the same problems I did when I had mine done. Remember when you close it make sure the doors comes all the way down, and get use to telling passenger to do the same evertime they get out the car and want to swing the door up.

In fact heres the rule list and you should be fine:

Make sure doors are fully put down before shutting

Make sure you dont leave anything in side pockets like mobile as this will fall out when doors go up

Make sure that when people open the door prewarn them not to try and yank the door wide open as it only opens a certain distant then the only option is up

Have an allen key on you incase the doors drop slightly and need adjusting

Make sure you have some paint to touch up incase the doors drop and hit paintwork on shutting.

Make sure door wings are not up at strong wings incase it cracks at the joist

Buy some spare door hinges as these are likely to be damaged after a while as door drops.

Thats about it reaaly apart from that you will be fine :scare:

GOSH YOU REALLY ARE SUCH A BIG KID :p:p

Seriously nice work though B)

Great work Andy, handy (ps that rhymes) with a spanner!

Cos sarnie is a spammer!!

50cent watchout coz I is here B):teeth:

Word. :wiggle: .................................. :ban:

Reminds me of Simon on the Apprentice last night. The man has no shame! :lol:

Cheers for the comments guys.....I must admit, I did ask myself if I was mad several times whilst doing it!!!

The "minor mods" they refer to are simply shaving a section about 12" x 1" from the inner arch where the new door mechanism pivots into...nothing major and my Dremel handled it hansomly!

The car is all back together now and I do have pictures of the final stages but I don't have time to post them now i'm afraid as I am off out to do some ASW'ing!!!!

Pics to follow later tonight! :thumbs:

Cheers mate :thumbs:

I'll take some pics of the various stages of them going up if you like or i'll see if I can do a video somehow!!

Video would be cool. I've just heard different info on exactly how they open ie out abit and then up. Struggle to see how they would look as good as lambo doors that go straight up. I understand lambo doors cost $$$$ but these doors are pitched to us as Lambo style doors so I'm curious to see them really :blush:

These ones open out about 2/3 of the way as they would normally and then they lift up. They have to come that far out to make sure the door trim clears the A-Pillar. I prefer it that way though as it means you don't always have to lift the door up, you can still use it as a normal door but also as a lambo style if you're feeling like a tart!

These ones open out about 2/3 of the way as they would normally and then they lift up. They have to come that far out to make sure the door trim clears the A-Pillar. I prefer it that way though as it means you don't always have to lift the door up, you can still use it as a normal door but also as a lambo style if you're feeling like a tart!

Cool B)

Look forward to seeing them :teeth: