350Z GT4 - Detail

Muddy

I've been on these forums for quite some time, hoping to be a 350Z owner next year.

Thankfully courtesy of Jonathan73 I was able to detail this very fine 350Z GT4 in stunning black

The job was to carry out paint correction to remove swirls and light scratches and an exterior detail.

On inspection, swirls and scratches were very heavy, there were also some water blade scratches on the bonnet too.

After washing it was quite clear the swirls and scratches were quite fearce.

Anyway..

Some before pics:

350Z_1.jpg

350Z_2.jpg

350Z_3.jpg

350Z_4.jpg

Pre rinsed with Megs Super Degreaser,

Wheels with Megs Wheel Brightener,

Pre foamed with SSF and TFR,

Rinsed,

Washed with Megs Shampoo plus and lambswool mitt, 2 bucket method.

Rinsed and dried with Waffle weave towel.

Tar removed with tar remover and paint surface rubbed down with Sonus Ultra fine clay,

Chemical guys Quick detailer as Lube.

350Z_5.jpg

350Z_6.jpg

Using a Paint thickness gauge I took readings of the whole car. Only 1 real area of concern was the bonnet which was a little thinner than the rest with an average of 100 microns. I had to take car on this panel, even though it was heavily inflicted with deep scratches.

Onto the paint correction, you can see the swirls and scratches etc in these pictures, Jonathan explained that some of them had occured from a Valeter drying the car with a tea towel :eeekkkk:

350Z_7.jpg

350Z_8.jpg

350Z_9.jpg

350Z_10.jpg

A 50/50 shot of the rear wing:

350Z_12.jpg

And all swirls and light scratches gone:

350Z_13.jpg

Paint correction, was with Megs cut pad and Menzerna IP 85RD3.02 and Megs polish pad and 106FF.

I was able to reduce some of the bigger scratches, but not completely remove them as they were too deep.

Sealed with Blackfire Wet diamond all paint protection.

Waxed with Victoria Concours wax.

Trim - Poorboys Trim restorer.

Tyres - Megs Endurance gel.

Arch trim - Megs Hyper Dressing,

Interior - Jeff Werkstatts Satin Protect.

The finished result:

350Z_14.jpg

350Z_15.jpg

350Z_16.jpg

350Z_17.jpg

350Z_18.jpg

350Z_20.jpg

350Z_21.jpg

350Z_22.jpg

350Z_23.jpg

I was very happy with the final results, the paint had a much deeper shine and gloss to it than previously.

Hope you like

Muddy

I'll reply on behalf of Muddy.... As it's my GT4 :p

Craig turned up at 8:30am and got straight to work - didn't even have a coffee :wacko: At 6:15pm he wrapped it up.

A great job - the 50:50 pics though impressive only tell some of the story. The car looked awesome after he'd finished and no doubt will when he comes on the 30th May to give it a maintenance do over. :teeth:

All in all I can thoroughly recommend Muddy (muddydetail.co.uk) and it was absolutely the best £200 I have spent on a car. It is a world away from where it was - and it even looked good before believe it or not :blush:

Because he was so good I'm having him come every 8 weeks or so as part of a maintenance program :yahoo:

Muddy will have to confirm the details of it exactly but it's something along the lines of £50 for:

Foam

Proper Wash & Dry

Clay

Sealant Polish (couple of layers)

Wax

Wheels done

Interior done

After the 30th I'll let you know. He's good though Liam B)

Hi Craig,

I was passed one of your flyers by Jonathan - and I also received your email too.

Apologies for not getting in contact - lifes been a little busy as of late. Ill respond to the email in answer to the points you raised. Im certain there will be a few people around that would like to treat their cars ready for the summer season. :)

Welcome aboard!

Regards,

Chris.

Thanks for all the fantastic comments guys, it' much appreciated. :)

Obviously I don't want to break any forum advertising rules, but if you do want a price quoting please drop me an email.

Hopefully after an email discussion with chesterfield you guys will get even better prices :D

I mostly cover the east midlands area, but am quite happy to travel upto 2-3 hours, this will incur a travel expense though. (I have a few details coming up in the M25 area as an example)

I'm hoping to update my website gallery in the next few days...you'll see the type of work I'm capable off.

You may also know me from the show scene, I've a show winning Subaru Impreza (Red with white wheels) it's the best in the country, has adorned many magazines.

B)

Cheers

Muddy

You may also know me from the show scene, I've a show winning Subaru Impreza (Red with white wheels) it's the best in the country, has adorned many magazines.

B)

Cheers

Muddy

Muddy, is yours the red subaru that was at JAE last year in show and shine?

Remember going past when you had the boot open?? Has the install got all white leather inside the boot?

I remember thinking that I had NEVER seen a cleaner car, including the worlds cleanest exhaust!

Sweet ride if its yours..... :thumbs:

Thanks Fella's.

Jacko -- Yes that is me :D Currently getting the car ready for this years shows.

H5 - A paint gauge is placed against the body work and it reads the thickness of the paint. Depending on how much your preparded to pay depends on it's accuracy. They can be had for around £170 off ebay. Some can cost around £500, the likes of Polished Bliss etc, sell these. Some can be as much as £2000. These top end ones measure each layer and charts it on a graph on a computer. Just do a search on google.