How to - Replace the front Bose speakers with Alpine 6.5" speakers (spacer)

glrnet

This mod makes use of the old Bose speaker casing as a mount or spacer for the new speakers.

I've been meaning to do this since I did Buster's speaker wiring mod to my Alpine HU. Anyway I had a pair of speakers kicking around that a customer didn't want:-

photo-36-1.jpg

So took the door cards off and removed the old speakers:-

photo-37-1.jpg

Then I cut the old speakers out of the casing and Dremelled the lip so the new speaker would sit neatly in the old casing:-

photo-19-3.jpg

Secured the new speaker into the old casing and added new cables ready to connect to the old loom:-

photo-33-2.jpg

And remounted the old casing with new speaker to the door:-

photo-34-1.jpg

I'm really pleased with the improved sound quality with is certainly sharper and I think I'll probably change the rears now too, certainly seem to be on the audio slippery slope now

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When you say "Anyway I had a pair of speakers kicking around that a customer didn't want", does that mean you have a car audio shop?

If so are there any discounts for members?

I think you'll have to take his non response as a no :p

• 1 month later...

When you say "Anyway I had a pair of speakers kicking around that a customer didn't want", does that mean you have a car audio shop?

If so are there any discounts for members?

I think you'll have to take his non response as a no :p

Ha ha BM, only just seen this. No I don't but I do have trade accounts with suppliers for some of the work I do for a living :)