Brake judder - new pads?

Fluke

My car stood on my drive for a good few weeks whilst I was away working, this morning whilst on my way up the M6 I noticed that I have a pronounced judder coming from the front when I apply the brakes. I have noticed that even at low speeds I get a bit of judder, but not as pronounced as it is when braking from 70 mph.

I think I may need to take the discs off and give them a good clean and check to see if I have any build up on them. As I have only had the car about a month, I don't know what state the pads will be in, so I might as well get a set of new ones.

I can get a set of Brembo front and rear pads for £70 or the yellowstuff front and rear for £125. What do members think about the Brembo pads, are they any good? I don't do track days if that makes any difference.

Brembo pads are great value at £70.00.

They are not suitable for track however they will serve you well for normal or spirited road use.

You will also require the Brembo noise reduction anti squeal shims for these pads.

Brembo pads and Brembo noise reduction anti squeal shims are in stock and good to go same/next day.

Just drop me a PM if I can help further.

Alex. :)

Failing the above drop tophooker a line about disc skimming (depending on where you are) or check out new discs too?

I had mine skimmed last month as the judder was terrible, sorted them right out like.

Go and give them a bloody good spanking, if its been sitting a while that should do it.

I'd still get yellowstuff next time round though, I'm 500 miles into my new set and they are a great improvement. Not pushed them hard yet as letting them bed in fully but they'll really be tested at the stelvio pass and nurburgring end of the month

Have your wheels been refurbed in the past? If new pads (properly bedded in) don't solve the issue, or it comes back this may be your problem.

This is often overlooked (or pooh-poohed!) but if there are high spots in the paint on the wheel and run-out isn't checked prior to fitting new discs, the judder will come back in a few hundred miles.

Hope your new pads solve the problem though :)

Have your wheels been refurbed in the past? If new pads (properly bedded in) don't solve the issue, or it comes back this may be your problem.

This is often overlooked (or pooh-poohed!) but if there are high spots in the paint on the wheel and run-out isn't checked prior to fitting new discs, the judder will come back in a few hundred miles.

Hope your new pads solve the problem though :)

No, the wheels are the standard touring alloys and have never been refurbed. Chances are, it's a build up on one of the pads. I had a similar problem on a Mk1 MX5 and it was only whilst slowly rotating the wheel by hand whilst the car was on axel stands, that I felt a part of the disc catch as it passed under the pads. I took the disc off and gave it a quick sanding, that solved the problem.

i am hoping its the same with the 350z discs, but as I need to take the wheels off and clean everything up, it makes sense to buy pads and change them over at the same time.

when ever I buy a car, I always carry out a full change of all the fluids, plugs, filters and break pads. That way I can start my own service history and I know what needs changing and when.