TPMS

andrew0401

Having recently lost a rear tyre at speed (the inside wall failed and the tyre turned inside out!), I was initially very impressed that there was minimal impact on the handling of the car - just increased road noise!

Having had the car recovered and new tyres fitted began to think of things that might warn me of problems (if music was on then I may not have heard the change in road noise) - has anyone installed a TPMS system - currently running a 2011 cabrio if it makes any difference.

Saw this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rupse-Pressure-Monitoring-External-Displayed/dp/B00ANJ4SHO/ref=sr_1_18?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1370424837&sr=1-18&keywords=tpms on amazon and the idea of using the inbuilt display rather than a box on top of the dash sounded good.

Anyone with any experience of this device (or any other TPMS)?

Thanks

Andrew

I know Pete (JetSet) has installed a TPMS. It's one that uses a seperate 'box' and not an existing display, but it might be worth sending him a PM (if he doesn't spot the thread and reply anyway) :thumbs: