Looking into a new headunit..... Anyone got one of these?

Wasso

I'm also thinking of a new headunit and I'm liking the look of that one :thumbs:

Yeah it seems to tick a lot of boxes, ok I was only going to pay a max of £400 but it seems a nice piece, and hopefully someone here may have one to report back any issues or niggles, as all units have small issues somewhere along the line.

How about a Group Buy :lol:

Oh got you now! Looks like pretty cool piece of technology as well! Only mentions iPhone 4...but I guess 5 will work work with it as well!

The one I looked at the other day was £200+ so maybe that one was more recent and had iPhone 5 capability?

Oh got you now! Looks like pretty cool piece of technology as well! Only mentions iPhone 4...but I guess 5 will work work with it as well!

The one I looked at the other day was £200+ so maybe that one was more recent and had iPhone 5 capability?

I think if it's compatible with 4, it should be comparable with 4s & 5... It's like iPhone 4 apps work fine on 5...but iPhone 5 apps might not work on 4 or 4s if you know what I mean lol

Someone on here recently bought one of these and i think they were asking about what cables to use when wiring it in*

*cant remember who

*cant remember if they fitted it

*cant remember if it worked

*cant remember reading their review

Sorry :)

Just as useful as me :lol: :lol:

My pioneer avh-x2500BT will happily play with my iPhone 5 for music and calls, all except for app radio. They recently brought out a firmware update for it in the US along with the world's most complex cable ( http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/Smartphone-and-iPod-Cables/CD-IV202AV ) which terminates in a lightning connector but also needs some apple cables to plug into it (not free ones!). I have 32 pin with a lightning adapter as this cable didn't exist when I bought the HU, apparently this update means the app radio works with the iPhone 5 now. If you're after the app radio stuff, defo check it's iPhone 5 friendly before splashing the cash.

I have the 5500BT, it's a cracking head unit :)

As said though, at the moment its a ball ache to plug in an iPhone 5 if you have one. You can still stream music over Bluetooth though. Also i haven't been able to get the steering wheel buttons to work yet, i have the incartec interface and i've tried 2 different patch cables, neither worked properly.

I have the 5500BT, it's a cracking head unit :)

As said though, at the moment its a ball ache to plug in an iPhone 5 if you have one. You can still stream music over Bluetooth though. Also i haven't been able to get the steering wheel buttons to work yet, i have the incartec interface and i've tried 2 different patch cables, neither worked properly.

If its new sometimes they have to modify the patch cable, have you spoken to incartec, they are very helpful :thumbs:

Must be your wiring then :p

Does any of it work or nothing at all?

Lol, yeah could be...

To be fair the interface was already wired in and worked fine with an older Pioneer headunit that was in the car when i bought it. Using the same interface and patch lead in the 5500BT the steering wheel buttons worked but they did the wrong function, it also made the buttons on the headunit change. for example the volume up button became volume down, mute became volume up etc. With their 'later' patch cable, nothing works on the steering wheel, but now the buttons on the headunit work correctly.... I'll speak to incartec and see what they say.