Is passenger washer bottle needed?

The Chubby Ninja

Hi folks. I had to disconeect and remove the passenger side washer bottle behind the front bumper to get my intercooler pipe in and now theres no room for it to go back on. If i just blank off the pipes leading to the other bottle will everything still work? There is a pump on the removed washer bottle but i think theres a pump behind the drivers side bottle aswell. Any help/ideas welcome so that i can get the front bumper back on. Thanks. Steve

Im not really sure. Im going to have a proper look tonight to see exactly what each pipe does. Just wondered if anyone had encountered the problem before. The vortechs designed for the US cars. I believe the USDM and JDM models dont have the second washer bottle. Do they have headlight washers still?

I don't think they did, especially as so many of them didn't have xenons, so that would explain the single bottle. Can't you relocate the bottle over a bit with a longer hose?

Steve,

With most of these FI upgrades the L/H bottle for the headlamp washer has to be removed.

Just blank off the pipes and all will be well until MOT time.

Alex. :)

Thanks alex. So if i blank off the pipes will the window washers still work ok on both sides just not the headlight washers? The MOT should be ok as ive got a friendly tester

Since you're in there, and have removed the bottle (and bumper), why not remove the washer jets on the front and get the bumper smoothed?

Then you have no issues at all MOT time :) An item can only be tested if it is fitted ;)