MG Not bad for 25k second hand?

Zedrush

Ive been in an SV and believe me they turn so many heads!

All Carbon fibre, RWD, V8, but not that fast! the SV 0-60 5.6 SV-R 4.9. I love the interior and the finish, plus the LOOKS! Its the ultimate ASW car in my eyes. few pics from the one i went in as i know the guy

sv4.jpg

sv3.jpg

sv2.jpg

sv1.jpg

Love the gills! :thumbs:

If you're serious though, look on the EVO website for write ups on their long-term test car. It was actually owned and run by Rowan Atkinson (yes, Mr Bean! :scare: ) and he wasn't too keen. IIRC he was a bit peeved that MG seemed to be allowing the customers to do the testing and development, TVR-style.

It would be brave choice but I'd salute you for it. :thumbs:

I was going to ask the same actually, part are available as its a ford V8 and parts taken from other manufactures. Xpower (S&R) are no longer though so you will have to try and find parts yourself, but the MG SV forum guys are really helpful and there are some great engineers on there that can carry the work out and source parts for you. THey are a very nice small community that help each other out a lot.

I dont think you will find one for £25k to be honest as they are around £40k plus still if you look on the forum.. EIther that or its the old promo SV which i DO NOT recommend you get as it had a crash during the shoot of the promo video and damaged the bodywork and put a big line in the CF bonnet.

Also - you can get the guys on the forum to source a supercharger for you and you will see a HUGE gain, plus add NOS and you will be around 1000bhp :teeth: Yes there is someone with that and its RAPID!

OMG.... I just saw one of these the other day - it crashed thru the window at Halfrauds :lol:

:tumbleweed:

I reckon it's a bag of $hite. WTF would spend £35-40k on a Rover which is basically what it is with some naff plastic bits and a rear push bar stuck to it.

OMG.... I just saw one of these the other day - it crashed thru the window at Halfrauds :lol:

I reckon it's a bag of $hite. WTF would spend £35-40k on a Rover which is basically what it is with some naff plastic bits and a rear push bar stuck to it.

Its as far from a Rover as it can be mate, its everythign but that!

Notice the Fiat Punto front lights ;)

I think you're being a bit harsh, mate. The styling is a bit OTT but its an Italian sportscar chassis with a big Yank V8 and a carbon fibre body. There's not much Rover in there TBH which is why it was such a promising concept.

Beat me to it, Louis! :teeth:

Beat me to it, Louis! :teeth:

Im quick of the gun to defend this car,ever since i went out in one, i loved every minute of it, the looks, the style, the look and the sound! Did i mention the looks?

Its a car you will only see a few times in a lifetime and when its behind you on the motorway, its just screams "GET THE FOOK OUT OF THE WAY", in answer to your question Jason if i would sell the Zed for it, YES, without a flutter! :thumbs:

I think quite a few of them went cheap in the MG big auction
They did, but they were not finsihed, some had no engine, some had unfinished interior, there were only a few fully finished SV's that were sold through the auction and they still went for about £50k

They were selling finished ones for 30k before the auction . My brother was working for rover at the time and informed me as they were desperate to shift some.
Damnit! WHy did i not know you then!

Were these just st SV's and not the SV-R's?

From WIKIPEDIA

The MG Rover Group purchased Qvale, which had taken over development of the De Tomaso Bigua. This car, renamed the Qvale Mangusta and already approved for sale in the U.S., formed the basis of the MG XPower SV, an "extreme" V8-engined sports car. It was revealed in 2002 and went on sale in 2004. Designed by MSGR, the racing division of the MG Rover Group, the SV was based on the structure, suspension, engine and gearbox of the Mangusta. The car was built largely in Italy, with some fitting and pre-delivery customisation in the UK.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qvale"

THE ITALIAN EQUIVALENT OF A TVR "KIT" CAR ...

Italian build, low volume kit like build... :thumbdown::headhurt::wacko::yuck:

(don't do it ... you are better off buying a TVR which you can probably take back to a dealer who will care...)

or find the real thing...

http://www.qvaleauto.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qvale_Mangusta

From WIKIPEDIA

The MG Rover Group purchased Qvale, which had taken over development of the De Tomaso Bigua. This car, renamed the Qvale Mangusta and already approved for sale in the U.S., formed the basis of the MG XPower SV, an "extreme" V8-engined sports car. It was revealed in 2002 and went on sale in 2004. Designed by MSGR, the racing division of the MG Rover Group, the SV was based on the structure, suspension, engine and gearbox of the Mangusta. The car was built largely in Italy, with some fitting and pre-delivery customisation in the UK.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qvale"

THE ITALIAN EQUIVALENT OF A TVR "KIT" CAR ...

Italian build, low volume kit like build... :thumbdown::headhurt::wacko::yuck:

(don't do it ... you are better off buying a TVR which you can probably take back to a dealer who will care...)

or find the real thing...

http://www.qvaleauto.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qvale_Mangusta

...if the dealer's still in business! ;)