MG Not bad for 25k second hand?

Zedrush

Top Gear tested one on the track and it was sooo slow considering what it is.

It's: -

1. Ugly

2. Poor build quality so will fall to bits

3. Non existant dealership no spares etc.

4. a Rover

5. a Rover

6. a Rover

Nooooooooooo........................... :scare:

What they didnt tell you was like the zed, they had a prototype version of the SV, which wasnt even finished, however Topgear insisted they had the car anyway. What does Clarkson do, slate its poor build! Its wasnt finished!

I respect the SVR for what it tried to do. I did't think they looked too bad either when i saw a couple at Brands hatch a year or two back. But for all its power and carbon bits, it just doesn't perform from what ive read and thats a big letdown and a shame really. It's like they didn't finish it off. I don't think it could ever replace a Zed though.

What they didnt tell you was like the zed, they had a prototype version of the SV, which wasnt even finished, however Topgear insisted they had the car anyway. What does Clarkson do, slate its poor build! Its wasnt finished!

I remember his review, i'm pretty sure he mentions it wasn't finished though.

it is a MONGREL!

-an old ford v8 engine tuned up...old technology.. just grunt :yuck:

( they needed an engine that could be validated/homologated for US in their desperate attempts to break into new markets... :headhurt:

-Some italian tuning of the chassis and platform :wacko:

-A quick styling job by MG ( granted by an excellent styling guy), but with a great aspirations :dry: and poorly executed by rover engineers ( not their fault... you could not design anything properly if the development budget was not there... :thumbdown:

-Made in a factory somewhere in italy, unclear what kind of build quality standards etc... :thumbdown:

Emotionally I can understand people hoping this car to be a good performance car and perhaps a"legacy" of what rover could have been... but practically it is botch...I would even buy a a monaro VX8 R whatever that thing was.... :p