When do i buy? New prices!!

garethkd1

Good Morning all, i would appreciate any help / pointers / advice re purchasing my 370z

I'm ready to buy by 370z literally as soon as i get from hols in a few weeks, mid june. However i've seen the forums and discussions about the facelift and price drops due in june.

As with most manufacturers, once a facelift / price drop occurs the secondhand value drop a little. I'm looking for a late GT with the Connect Premium year 2011 ish.

I've compared the nissan site prices to press release prices and still not sure whether the prices have been discounted already on the forecourt. Ie should i just buy mid june or hold out?

Difficuly decision as i'm so impatient

Cheers

Welcome! Personally I don't think there will be much of a drop in price on the model you are looking for, they will already have taken the biggest hit. I can't see the facelift having much effect in the next few months. All I would say is you are a long time dead so why wait if that's what you've set your heart on? Test drive and buy is my advice..good luck and pics please.

Edited by philb1965

ha, there no chance i'm waiting till the end of this FY bronzee!!

but i am aware of new car sales targets running quarterly so maybe the used market is the same. which coincidentaly is end of June :teeth:

nissan dealers are running a promotion of a 2 year warranty with servicing if you buy a nissancared4 vehicle but doesnt include the Zed! :dry: so that might be a bargaining tool.

re the exhaust, i've already been eying up the milltek/ berksHFC combo with uprev via Abbey....... £2k though.....

Find the car you want, then buy it then and there. I don't buy into this whole time of day/month/year nonsense, I just find a car I want at a price I'm happy paying and go from there. Saving a couple of hundred quid is nothing over the lifetime of the car, and I'd rather get the one I want rather than one I find okay.

Of course, some people get really lucky and get both, never happened to me yet though!

Maybe margins are smaller over there, although I suspect not, car sales is car sales, doesn't matter where. I've always managed extremely large discounts, not just a piffling few hundred.

But having said that, as Ekona says, if you find the right car, go for it. ;) Just don't let them know that. :p

People saying no to no price difference on older cars...Just remember, it's a cascade effect. A 2012/2013 MY2011 370z currently selling at 28/29k is going to look pretty damn expensive next month. So they will be driven down fairly quickly i'd expect. Then, comparing those to overpriced 2011 cars, will mean they'll also be driven down, and on and ariston. Only way that might not happen is due to the total volume of z's out there being pretty low and/or stricter discount policies from the dealers on new cars being enforced, due to the lower cost of entry. So, really, I don't think it's wise to say either. If you're going to buy in 3/4 weeks, why not wait another couple of months to be sure? Sorry about the lack of paragraphs in this post, my return key doesn't work on this forum anymore!