what is it with the price of zeds ?

Bullet

Looking around at quite a lot of 350z recently as im thinking of selling mine and i just don't get it.

we looking at other car the 350z seems to be selling too cheap

a 98 skyline gtt auto £6999

ridiculously an s15 that smashed up damaged repairable £4999 (deposit taken)

99 200sx 80k miles £5000

97 supra twin turbo auto £7000

then there is my car 04 JDM fairlady 31k miles base spec £4500...??? wtf

why are zeds selling so cheap ?

JDM and base spec... unless your a track monkey and prefer a bit of non-leather (as if it made the difference) no one wants a base (cept maybe u haha :lol:) ..I dunno. theres been a few threads on this before I'm sure, I don't think people should get too hung up on it. And if you are, you shouldn't have bought the car as an investment... buy a Passat CC or something then lol

You will never second guess/come up with a reason as to the resale value of one car against another. Never buy a car as an investment unless you are loaded and can buy something rare. :thumbs:

Are those advertised prices or sold prices? I would say the only car on that list worth anything near those prices is the Supra, they are about the only jdm car that seems to be holding their value, don't ask me why though! You could find all those far cheaper.

The drift market is awful, thet want cheap tat on the most part, they certainly won't pay top dollar for cars as they know they will just beat the snot out of them, they certainly don't drive prices up.

Insurance, personally I think its a myth it costs more to insure an import, just some companies load the policy, look around and prices will be the same as a uk car.

yup its all about the drift scene now-tatty cars that can be easily modded and ragged. But as said tt Supra, S15 and skyline are all rare cars and popoular in the jap scene.

I wanted to get an S15 spec r but couldnt afford one!! Went with Z instead and im glad as you get more for your money in terms of creature comforts.

• Like 1

The supra is reasonable, you show me something else that will do 450hp with basic upgrades, they arent common and prices have shot up in the last few years and the R34 is a pretty rare and very good car that will also see 350hp without breaking a sweat.

Id be amazed if the S15 is standard at that money, even if it isnt there are not that many tidy Spec-R's around and the 200SX price is just comedy gold, I should know, Im the owners club chairman :lol:

The 350 is a lot of car for the money but its not cheap to run, and bear in mind that since an 02 DE was imported there have been 3 facelifts, 2 new engines and a whole load of UK cars come onto the market, the nice thin is that the "bottom end" cars arent actually that far removed rom the newest ones, at least not dynamically speaking. :)

Drifters are tight as arseholes BTW, short of the guys that compete you wont find them spending more than £2K on a car so its not them buying up £5/6K motors. ;)

Id love a supra and always wanted one but i cant justify spending 10k plus on a manual tt 92' reg car that with no features apart from a big engine lol.zeds are becoming the cheapest of all the rwd nissans really, even dog rusty s13's and s14's are growing in value. i sold my s14a with basic ods for 3.5k and i only paid 2.5 for it 2 years ago lol