For my birthday... Get me BBK please! :)

Interesting...

=======

On 5th February 2013, in the Patents County Court, London, England, His Honour Judge Birss QC handed down his Judgement in the case of AP Racing Limited vs Alcon Components Limited, case no CC11P3805. (11/02/13)

The case concerned claims by AP Racing against Alcon of infringement of AP Racing’s patents GB 2 451 690 and EP (UK) 2 022 999. These patents relate to opposed piston brake calipers such as those presently being sold by the parties for use in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. This includes calipers designed by Alcon and marketed by Brake Parts Inc. under the Raybestos brand with part references PC1106, PC1108, PC1109, PC1110, PC1111, PC1112, and PC1113.

The Judge ruled that EP (UK) 2 022 999 be revoked, and that GB 2 451 690 is invalid. The Judgement may be found here

In a subsequent ruling, the Judge also ordered AP Racing to pay costs to Alcon.

=======

Hmmmm only 2/3 the price of the art automotive brakes but 8 pot instead of 6... Wonder how they compare performance wise.

Obvious error.........octet went to JapSpeed website, lol

What the price? £832 on knight racer as well: http://www.knightracer.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=72_130_131&product_id=1548

At that price I'm tempted...

I will also enter the are bbk worth it discussion but i will say if the op wants them, its his choice :)

You will reach a point in any car where braking is simply down to how much adhesion you have, you could have the biggest brakes in the world and not stop any quicker than something a lot smaller.

Perfect example, F1, best brakes known to man, yet they still lock up!

You will increase cooling therefore less fade with bigger disks over prolonged used but that is about it. You can only stop as quick as your tyres will let you :)