Zed v Scooby

goose

A colleague of mine owns a Type 1 (13 yr old) WRX STi wagon. They think they will beat me in my 350Z (when it arrives...) on our race home from the night shift along the deserted A505. What do you think....??

DISCLAIMER(for any old bill reading this :teeth: ): We would never, ever break any speed limits. Honest guv.

on uk twisty a-roads, car vs. car impreza will probably win every time. :dry:

the only differential is driver skill... If you are a better driver than he is, and you can use the 350z better than he can the 'prezza... B) then you have a chance of beating him... specially when adhering to speed limits... guvn'r...

on a track... could be a different story... :thumbs: and "on the pull" completely different again!!! :teeth:

who cares - you'll look far better whether you're in front or behind! :thumbs:

Agreed. I went out on Friday night with my better half and a mate with his missus. He owns an Evo VIII and thinks it is the mutts nutts, and that nothing can beat it on the road. Now his missus had never seen my car so she had a quick look around and the very first thing she said to him was "and why didnt you get one of these?!"

:yahoo::teeth:

Put simply, the craziest driver will probably win and I wouldn't recommend racing on public roads.

However, I've owned both, in fact my Scooby was a WRX Prodrive so had 235 bhp, i.e. less than an STi. On twisty and bumpy british roads, which let's be honest is most british roads the Scooby would win hands down every time. The 4 wheel drive and suspension setup is much more suited and even my WRX was quicker. Also don't forget the Scooby is about 250 kg lighter so the power to weight ratio of an STi is better than a Zed, so even on the track I would also say the STi would be slightly quicker.

Hmmm, well having also owned both I would guess the Scooby will be quicker.

However, driver skill will play a huge part, as will picking the time and place.

Even in standard form (13 years old and no mods - yeah right) the Scooby Sti is a quick car. You will find that although you will be able to out-brake him, he will be able to carry so much more speed into the corners, and hence will win most of the time.

If he's a sympathetic driver, he won't drop the clutch, and will do a Scooby-friendly rolling start. This is perhaps the easiest place to get the drop on him, and call it quits when you hit sixty :D

If it's an open road, he will run out of puff before you do ;)

who cares - you'll look far better whether you're in front or behind! :thumbs:

Agreed. I went out on Friday night with my better half and a mate with his missus. He owns an Evo VIII and thinks it is the mutts nutts, and that nothing can beat it on the road. Now his missus had never seen my car so she had a quick look around and the very first thing she said to him was "and why didnt you get one of these?!"

:yahoo::teeth:

How right she was..... Evo's: great engines but look naaaasty!! :scare:

Ive had a play with a Jap spec Mreg WRX pushing 245bhp (means nothing i know), however he could not keep up with me on the private track ;) He isnt the best driver however but on the straights i was edging away the whole time until his gears ran out B)

But again, it doesnt matter, whoes looks nicer? ;)

WHo cares, scoobie = common chav muck (my opinion of cause)

350z = not common, lovely styling and dont see them everyday!

Yeah.... I did a Zed v Scoby count on my 2 1/2 hour journey back from the southcoast on Sunday. Lost count of the Scoobies, only 350z I saw was the one I put my deposit on......!!

Just to add, the old Scooby's were even lighter, something like 1200 kg, as apposed to the hefty 1545 kg of a Zed. That's a lot of extra weight.

The estate is horrible looking though. :yuck:

Sure but the version 1 sti is down on power 250ps. Plus the scooby guy weighs 25 stone so not much of an advantage....lol ;):teeth::p

My 04 sti was quicker than a friends RA version.

A colleague of mine owns a Type 1 (13 yr old) WRX STi wagon. They think they will beat me in my 350Z (when it arrives...) on our race home from the night shift along the deserted A505. What do you think....??

DISCLAIMER(for any old bill reading this :teeth: ): We would never, ever break any speed limits. Honest guv.

Tell him that SUBARU spelt backwards is U R A BUS ;)

That'll shut him up

Neil

common guys lets not be too critical and give credit where its due...

the scoobies and evos are phenomenal road tools...no one can argue with that... if you want the fastest road going car for real driving situation you will choose evo or scoobies... if you want to factor coolness, looks exclusivity etc... then you move on a different league of vehicles...

that is where ZEDs come in ... a good balance of design , styling, power, handling, exclusivity and appeal.

seen this post at work.., and counted 5 Scoobies on the way home in a 4 mile trip :headhurt:

toooooooooooooo common :thumbdown:

Not really a fair comparison though as the Scooby has been around for many years, 1993 I believe so that's 14 years in production to the Zeds 4...

seen this post at work.., and counted 5 Scoobies on the way home in a 4 mile trip :headhurt:

Not really a fair comparison though as the Scooby has been around for many years, 1993 I believe so that's 14 years in production to the Zeds 4...

I saw 4 Caymans today and 0 zeds ;)

I'm pleased for you, you must have enjoyed that but what's it got to do with this thread.....:lol:;)

I'm pleased for you, you must have enjoyed that but what's it got to do with this thread.....:lol:;)

Come on keep up :wheelchair:

Your point was that its not fair to compare how many scoobies there are with the amount of zeds about because scoobies have been in production for 13 yrs.

The Cayman has been on sale for what, about a year, yet I saw 4 today and 0 zeds which has been on sale since 2003.

;)

That indicates that the Cayman is a very popular car and the Zed isn't. We all know Porkers sell by the bucket load, but the comparison was 2 performance Jap cars.

Anyway I conceed that the Zed is a rare car, always was and remains so. Dear I also say that the Zed has had it's day in that the production figures have peaked in the UK.