CBT

sinbad

so (and sorry to hijack this thread) where does a Yamaha R6 stand then - legal or not?

defo the wrong side of legal , you can fit an approved restrictor kit to the R6 to make it 33 bhp which costs about £200.. makes it damn slow though :teeth:

so (and sorry to hijack this thread) where does a Yamaha R6 stand then - legal or not?

defo the wrong side of legal , you can fit an approved restrictor kit to the R6 to make it 33 bhp which costs about £200.. makes it damn slow though :teeth:

It would make no sense at all :p

My son has gone from a moped to an aprillia 125 and has now got a Yamaha R6.

Good choice, I have an R6 too :thumbs:

Tell him to be damn careful on the six, its a lot different to a 125 :scare:

Just remember, a restricter can be a couple of hundred quid to install and 10mins to rip out! Not wanting to stir but its harsh but true.

It's a tricky one isn't it - after all, he's old enough to take the consequences and sometimes that's what needs to happen. If he's driving his bike with too much BHP how is he going to get caught? I presume the greatest risk is if there's an accident? Or do the Police spot check? All his mates seem to have parents that don't give a damn - they think I'm a real killjoy.

It's a tricky one isn't it - after all, he's old enough to take the consequences and sometimes that's what needs to happen. If he's driving his bike with too much BHP how is he going to get caught? I presume the greatest risk is if there's an accident? Or do the Police spot check? All his mates seem to have parents that don't give a damn - they think I'm a real killjoy.

Accident -> insurance says "we dont pay, illegal bike" -> he pays for the rest of his life + fines + ....

I have my CBT tomorrow. I have done the theory. I've had to wait 2 months for the CBT due to being away a hell of a lot recently. If possible I'll do my bike test in the next month. I don't want to wait! :yahoo:

Way hey!!! i passed :teeth::yahoo:

It is classed as training but you have to be at a certain level before they allow you your certificate so in effect it is a test. I did everything pretty well i thought. I left my indicator on once and got a telling off. I was more peed off at myself for leaving it on though, i was cursing for ages :angry:.

Having never riden a bike before i thought it was a right laugh and can certainly understand why its compulsory as they go through alot of important stuff. I'm going to book my theory soon before the new test comes in september, cant wait to get my Direct access done too so i can get a bike and get out riding.

Good luck Stew, as stuey said..just relax and have fun!

Well done chap!

Nixy: chances are your lad wont get caught, but its a what if situation. As ir_fuel points out, if he has an accident then the insurance may check the bike over and if they find its not restricted, he could be fined, be insurance black listed etc etc. But its a what if. As you say hes old enough to do what he wants. I know people that had unrestricted bikes before stickly allowed and it did them no harm. Just make sure he gets lots of time in the saddle before pushing it as the six will bite you in the butt if you get it a little wrong as I have experienced myself with a few scary moments. 0-60 in around 3.5 seconds is bloody quick! :teeth:

I passed on Saturday too. My U turns weren't the best - the instructor said I was being a poof! I had a great day though and can't wait to get the Direct access though.

Being lucky where I live I got some nice country roads in too. These were fun on a puny 125 nevermind a big bike!

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Well done Stew! Its a rite laugh giving the little 125 some stick just to get upto 60 isn't it!

My U-turn and Emergency braking were spot on when i did mine on the public road. My instructor said i did everything well, although my road positioning is ok but could be better. I didnt feel comfortable pulling fully over to the left when turning left at a T junction. I felt more comfortable being left of the centre of the road at a slight angle, if that makes sense? Anyway i'll do what they say whilst under instruction. I with you though, i can't wait to get my direct access done. I even went upto the new Honda Showroom near preston to see what was about. I very nearly brung one home B)

Good going guys. As Trev says, you wont need U-turns when you pass! On my direct access I had to do my U-turn on a hill and camber! Needless to say, I failed that one! That was with a car instructor who was standing in :rant: Nailed it next time around though and havent done one since :teeth:

Mine was ok. Just not up to my standards. I like to do things well! E stop and most other things were good. I was into a head wind and only managed 50! What a laugh though - still feels like 150 mph!