Supercharger kit :D

Vlad

Always wanted one, but due to costs of them never even really thought about getting one... untill Imc posted a link to Vortech V3 kit on ebay for staring price at 1800.... which I got excited about, but someone was a bit quicker than me as listing ended pretty quick :(

Long shot... but may be someone will see another one going cheap ish or know someone who might be selling one soon... let me know :)

Quite like Votech V3 as its looks as its stright forward fit (im not saying it's easy, just looks like something I can do myself over couple of days with a bit of help and research) and that it has its own sump, so I dont need to tap into anything etc!

Any help/opinions are welcome!

Good luck to me :)

Thanks

Vlad

hahaha thanks mate! i was trully devastated :( i couldn't proper sleep night before as was excited and even had a dream about it ahaha

I just hope that saying "good things come to those who wait" is true :lol:

yea...had dream as sat all day reading about supercharging and other supporting mods...so i guess that triggured my brain to dream about it :lol:

and yea, I thought about US as seems like quite few of them running SC or Turbos...and keeping an eye out on their forum, for sale section.... but problem with buying used kit from someone in US is based on fully trusting them...as obviosly I won't be able to see/check it before I buy it...

Always best with ebay to contact the seller and see if they have a price in mind. I have had people get quite chewy when i have ended auctions early, even though it says in the advert, advertised elsewhere so auction may end early. If i see something i want/like will see what price they have in mind and if its good i will buy.

I did... it was on for 1800, I've messaged him on saturday night with 1900 offer and picking up this tuesday(today)or wed with cash, preparing to go for up to 2500...but its been ended on sunday morning! I'm not mad at him for ending etc-obviously he is got better offer, so at least he is happy and whoever bought it lol

Yea, it's like 7k I believe to go SC...that's why I was so gutted when that kit was gone:( lol

Jetlilot, thanks, ill search for it :)

Edited by Vlad

• 3 weeks later...

I can't see any? One got sold n one for rev up engine...unless I gone blind? And I've registered nearly a month a go, and still can't post there in any thread or message anyone...messaged administrators, and no answer:(

Apart from that, I wouldn't mind to import one! :)

Edited by Vlad

Is it not like 4 times that price to go SC or is that all the big boys just talking jive?

It depends on a lot of factors, new or used kit, who does the install/map, supporting mods like oil coolers/larger sumps etc etc. I doubt it will be 'big boys talking jive', but more like those who've spent the cash doing things safely.

Is it just the backing plate I'd need or anything else? And how much is that if you know?

Will check g35 link now as well... Just on holiday at the moment and Internet takes aggggeeesssss to load pages lol Thanks got the links, much appreciated!

Vlad, there was a supercharged Z on Pistonheads yesterday for £8000, it's down in West Wales around an hours drive from my workshop. Would that be a better option as you could buy the car, take all the bits off, standardise it with your bits then sell the car :teeth: . I did think of doing it with my horrendously overpriced car ( :p ) but i'm too busy as ever to get around to changing it all over.

I would be happy to look over it with you and i've got a full dealer HPI account to check it all out if that'd work? You could drop off your interior bits at the same time to the carbon dipping unit near to me B)

Dave.

Dave, that might be a good idea...but not sure I'm ready to go that far as buying another car lol might be worth asking if he wants to sell his kit + have my OE parts..?

I know it's a bit rash but at least we could fully test the charger :teeth: . I could call and ask for you but i'd say it's an unlikely possiblity he'd want to take it all off especially if he's not a mechanic. I've got a 330Ci cab in at the moment that's supercharged and that's great fun to drive so i thought it'd be fun to do the same with my 350, i used to own a supercharged Honda NSX and that was brilliant fun..............wish i'd kept that now but i'd keep thm all if i could afford to!!

Have a think on it as it looks pretty tidy from the pics.

Oh...NSX...absolutely love them beasts!!!

Yea, any chance you can ask for me please? As I'm currently away abroad till Sunday! I would prefer to stick to my own Z to be honest mate, as spent a lot of time, money and effort into it to get it they way I want it (well, still in progress lol)

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

Yes they are great cars but have gone through the roof now, i've had 3 of them but the SC was by far my favorite, the pics are still on my website of the last 2 :teeth:

I'll drop the seller an email! Have fun wherever you are :D