Go on my son!!!!

Builder49

£ 998 wanted for him to insure a 350z at 22 years old with 4 years ncd, and £800 total excess,

£778 to insure the 335i with £375 total excess.

Of course when you get to my age its totally different again!

I pay £245 to insure the S5 protected with £150 excess, if it were me insuring the 335i it would be £287????????? How weird is that? The 335i has 306 bhp and the S5 has 350bhp! I guess a Quattro is less safe than a rear wheel drive :lol: .

One thing I will say is the Audi isnt as exciting on bends but its damned fast in a straight line (unfortunately I live in the country, loads of bends) :lol: :lol:

BTW, my 350Z cost £230 a year to insure.

Edited by Builder49

hmmmm, and the insurance was cheaper on the beamer then was it?

I was 24 when I got my zed, no ncb. Insured for 558 quid for a 10 month policy. Subsequently, it has now gone down to 410 quid for 12 month policy! (now that I'm 25, all of a sudden I am less likely to wreck it)

Lucky you. I'm 30, 13 years ncb & my final 4 payments from changing mid policy are £104 odd!!! Was cheaper when I was younger & wasn't a home owner

But it's so worth it! :teeth:

I wouldn't agree there lol. At ten payment that's £1040 to do less than 5000 miles a year which at my age sucks arse massively

Ouch! Are you in a bad postcode or something? I've got much less NCB on my Zed's policy than you, but at the same age pay half your premium for double the mileage including business use.

Fooked if I know lol. I'd say not as I'm in a nice quiet village, which makes no change from moving from my parents in another village so it's not like I've gone to the ghetto lol.

I did manage a £600 odd quote from aviva for a zed I looked at before this one though so I think I'll definitely be ringing round as sky don't seem anything like realistic. That or im in for a big shock come august :lol:

I don't think even insurers understand their systems. Before I got the Zed I was quoted about £800, at the same time I was thinking of an XK8 which was coming in at £400. I can understand it being cheaper than the Zed, but not half the price. The XKR was coming in around the same as the Zed for over 100 BHP more.

Now a year on, the Zed with mods is about £750, where as a Ferrari 360, R35 GTR and DB7 are all coming in about the same price at £1100, but a Scooby is £1200 :lol:

Aww besides the excess not that much different, could have had the Zed no bother lol I was a bit unsure when i read the first post.... thought the Zed would be dear on insurance so he bought...a 335i!... lol Very nice for 22! And some shove...

Brilliant, so you're the director & he's the grafter paying for the motors on the drive :lol:

Nice move :thumbs:

I work too, just Director title gets all my insurances reduced, :lol: :lol:

And he has to graft, he's the bosses son, no special treatment........

Lovely cars, at 22 I had a £500 Micra that couldn't do more than 60!! Paying under £1k for insurance is fab too, my £500 Micra cost me £900!!

A quick remap/tune and the 335i will eat up the S5 in a straight line. Though I know if I has access to a 300bhp RWD car at 22 I would almost certainly crashed it...After all I did manage to write off a 1.1 106 whilst managing to do about £3k of damage to a brand new A4, thus proving my insurance company right I was a high risk driver :)