What this little guy called?

Stutopia

I was changing the boot struts, took off the bracket on the body with the ball which it connects to and the little "double washer" underneath has perished. Any idea what the proper name is so I can google?

It sits under this little guy.

image_zps0baf4d45.jpg

And is this shape, but it's not metal, it's sort of a stiff paper.

image_zpse1869fbc.jpg

At least I feel better about not knowing it's name now. If you pros don't, I had no chance.

It can't be Samuel BBK, because all the parts of my car have girls names, otherwise I wouldn't be totally comfortable getting inside her twice a day and driving her wild.

• Like 2

At least I feel better about not knowing it's name now. If you pros don't, I had no chance.

It can't be Samuel BBK, because all the parts of my car have girls names, otherwise I wouldn't be totally comfortable getting inside her twice a day and driving her wild.

Obviously BBKs Zed is male.... explains quite a bit when you think about it :stir:

Obviously BBKs Zed is male.... explains quite a bit when you think about it :stir:

Oh mines definitely a girl! Have you seen the size of her pipes? :cloud9:

She's affectionately known as my baby!

Stu, when I replaced my struts, i had the same dilemma. I think it just acts as a gasket between the bracket and the paintwork to stop the bracket rubbing the paint away with movement and flexing. I just cut two new ones out of black insulation tape, stuck them to the brackets and re bolted it up.

Stu, when I replaced my struts, i had the same dilemma. I think it just acts as a gasket between the bracket and the paintwork to stop the bracket rubbing the paint away with movement and flexing. I just cut two new ones out of black insulation tape, stuck them to the brackets and re bolted it up.

Good shout, ta. I've got some spare Kevlar knocking about which I could probably use. Thanks for the tip.