Quality Aftermarket Alloy Brands

sjcdeans

From experience what brands of aftermarket wheels are pretty strong and durable.

Reason i'm asking is on previous cars had brands like wolfrace, which ended up buckled very easily with the roads around here, same with cant remmeber the name on my astra coupe, ended up going back to the original oem wheels as it was so uncomfy on the roads.

Had BBS on my beemer and i thought those were decent too.

And OZ on my mates 888 Astra

I have rays on my summer set of wheels the now, and assuming those are quality as they seem as sturdy as my standard 350z wheels (which i have on my winter set)

Looking to buy a set for relative but want a decent quality.

Cheers

Edited by sjcdeans

You generally get what you pay for, so assuming you're going for 19's, anything around the £900+ mark for rims only should be fine.

BBS, OZ and Rays are all premium brands and will also be pretty light as well as strong. Rota's will weigh a little more, about the same as OEM wheels, but at about 40% of the price of the other 3 and are highly regarded across all forums i've seen.

I can attest to the sturdiness of the Varrstoens. It's held up to a lot of kerbing, my area has very small lanes and it's hard to get away with not kerbing them.

Also out on a spirited drive and unfortunately hit a kerb hard and it dented the wheel a bit, didn't crack which i expected cast wheels to do. But no, just dented slightly on the lip, tyres stayed intact and no other damage, :thumbs: