Scotland's Oil??

stuarty

Thats an interesting point, if the UK as a whole is in debt and we work on Scotland being roughly 10% of the UK, Braveheartland (its bound to be called that) will inherit a £366Bn deficit by becoming independent.

As the Scottish GDP is only £144Bn, theyre going to have to go at least 2 years without spending anything to get back out of debt, almost like a Student loan I guess. :lol:

Thats an interesting point, if the UK as a whole is in debt and we work on Scotland being roughly 10% of the UK, Braveheartland (its bound to be called that) will inherit a £366Bn deficit by becoming independent.

As the Scottish GDP is only £144Bn, theyre going to have to go at least 2 years without spending anything to get back out of debt, almost like a Student loan I guess. :lol:

Your missing the point! Engerland would also be in exactly the same position. How long would it take them to get out of debt?

Also why would we be changing our name?

I wonder how long the English would have lasted if they were getting ran from Edinburgh??

• Like 1

Ahhh, but England already has trade agreements, contra agreements, historical economics and credit limits/arrangements set up, a much larger GDP and even membership to the UN, NATO, EU and Commonwealth in place ........... NewScotland would be negotiating all of these from a considerably weaker position.

Thats kinda my point, its not just cutting off 10% of the UK, its setting up a whole new system

I'm for independence from north of Montrose. They can keep the oil but above that they are all chooktere.

Aberdeen has a lot of money. Shane only it's full of rich country bumpkins.

Teuchter ... sweetie it is Teuchter! :lol:

I'm for independence from north of Montrose. They can keep the oil but above that they are all chooktere.

Aberdeen has a lot of money. Shane only it's full of rich country bumpkins.

Teuchter ... sweetie it is Teuchter! :lol:

I know its just when you spell it that way most people say whats a tuctor?

Edited by Dblock