02 import, GT spec 72K, !!!!!!SOLD!!!!!

John tarantula

Very odd. Even the interior switches are UK spec ones, my JDM is different again. absolutely nothing about this car looks like JDM! either way, good for the new owner, it looks 100% UK Spec.

I agree, It looks like a U.K car to me. It would have been a big job, and expensive too, to change everything to U.K spec. I mean changing the front bumper would have been expensive on its own but fitting the headlight washer system would have been a nightmare. Maybe it was imported from Ireland or Guernsey/Jersey.

Pete

haha thanks guys, only info I have is that it was imported in 2006 and i think I'm the third owner since then (need to double check) The engine numebr is a JDM one (Z33...) and it comes up on insurance, V5 and hpi as an import so guessing it was brought over by a dealer for someone with very deep pockets when UK ones were hard to get? Either way is full UK spec and they're all designed the same anyway :) i know JDM ones are cheaper (I think because of lower spec, which this doesn't have) hence the lower price.

I agree, it doesn't look like a JDM import, which is probably a plus regarding the sale. You could check the sun visors, my import is plagued with Japanese code. Another dead give away.

A lot of car for the money, GLWTS :)

:surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:;)

The main/only giveaway is the fact it's on a 52 plate, UK cars started on 53 plates.......

Well, there is that :) . Some research shows that the car was first registered in Feb 2003 and registration in The U.K took place in Dec 2005. Interesting that the vehicle duty is £225, not the normal £270, do JDM's have lower emissions?

Pete

:surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:;)

The main/only giveaway is the fact it's on a 52 plate, UK cars started on 53 plates.......

Well, there is that :) . Some research shows that the car was first registered in Feb 2003 and registration in The U.K took place in Dec 2005. Interesting that the vehicle duty is £225, not the normal £270, do JDM's have lower emissions?

Pete

No, they just registered as PLG vehicles instead so get cheaper tax