new addition

bigphil

Looks good - is it a good fit? :thumbs:

It's a Seibon bonnett, still need to make a few adjustments, fit was not as good as we expected and had to elongate the holes in the hinges to bring it forward, could still do with a bit more taken out, gaps by the wings are bigger than standard so we had to satin black the section where the wing bolts to the body. No pre drilled holes for the rubber trims either so need to carefully drill these out. Also the vents sit on the battery and brake fluid covers so may have to trim a little off the underside of the vent closest to the screen, a couple of mil should take care of that. Bearing in mind how big Sebon are I would have expected these issues to have been addressed by now.

Finish is very good though.

Looks good - is it a good fit? :thumbs:

It's a Seibon bonnett, still need to make a few adjustments, fit was not as good as we expected and had to elongate the holes in the hinges to bring it forward, could still do with a bit more taken out, gaps by the wings are bigger than standard so we had to satin black the section where the wing bolts to the body. No pre drilled holes for the rubber trims either so need to carefully drill these out. Also the vents sit on the battery and brake fluid covers so may have to trim a little off the underside of the vent closest to the screen, a couple of mil should take care of that. Bearing in mind how big Sebon are I would have expected these issues to have been addressed by now.

Finish is very good though.

Blimey, its a good job you know what you're doing and can sort it. I'd be buggered. Agree that Seibon should be producing something better by now. :dry:

Looks like you've done a corkin' job though, Phil. B)

Guest prescience

Yes it's the same one. had no takers so the work continues.

I find that almost impossible to believe - the market does appear pretty dead for these with the new model looming (presume that's the reason) :surrender:

not a fan of that style, personally. I see what you mean by fitment issues, tbh in the US most people who've had Seibon bonnets have mentioned fitment issues with their stuff. Also rememebr Joe's car was a nightmare for shutting the bonnet!

Mine isn't good fitment (for my standards anyway) either but at least I paid peanuts for it :teeth:

Also, with that mesh the engine bay is going to get flooded at the first sign of rain! Hope you don't use the car daily! :surrender:

Thats what I meant by being dissapointed with the fitment. The panel gaps are approx 2mm bigger either side than the standard bonnet.

We didn't pay a huge amount for it and really just wanted to see what the quality is like but I would have issues in recommending these to anyone.

We are going to make some adjustments which will solve the problem but these are adjustments that can be done with bodyshop knowledge but not for the man in the street to undertake, and for the cost of the bonnets I would not expect to have to do this.

well, it depends doesn't it

What does it depend on? Obviously if it is an everyday car and left out on the roador driveway rather than a garage, its probably a bad thing? Im just thinking that all the rain that could go into the bay is bad, however scoobies have the scoops and vents too and are everyday cars which do not seem to affect anything. Or is it pretty much down to where the vents are?

well, it depends doesn't it

I put the finest mesh I could find on mine (which in comparison are much smaller vents than Phil's) but I will also only use the bonnet for shows etc anyway.

In a similar postion really, car very rarely sees rain, finer mesh has been ordered as well.

We are also making up some underside deflector panels which will still allow the vents to do their job but will direct any water away from sensitive areas, these are fitted on some of the scoobys and are an exact size for the vent panel just need the debth trimming.

Guest prescience
but I will also only use the bonnet for shows etc anyway.

That's a bit like having a shiny front door for when the Queen visits - man, you got it bad :surrender:

you are right Louis, depends on how the car is used.

WRT Evos and Scoobys, those sccops and vents are all std from factory, hence any possible side effect (and most importantly, aerodynamic and cooling effects) has been taken into consideration by the car companies.

but I will also only use the bonnet for shows etc anyway.

That's a bit like having a shiny front door for when the Queen visits - man, you got it bad :surrender:

well not really, it's just like having 2 cars, one as a daily drive, one as a toy.

Since I can't currently afford to have 2 cars, that's how I play it. :p

And tbh i'd rather do it this way, instead of leaving the Z languishing in the garage for weeks on end and use another car on a daily basis ;)