new addition

bigphil

you are right Louis, depends on how the car is used.

WRT Evos and Scoobys, those sccops and vents are all std from factory, hence any possible side effect (and most importantly, aerodynamic and cooling effects) has been taken into consideration by the car companies.

That makes perfect sense. I presume you do not tell your insurance company that for a few days a year you have a different bonnet ;)

Guest prescience
you are right Louis, depends on how the car is used.

WRT Evos and Scoobys, those sccops and vents are all std from factory, hence any possible side effect (and most importantly, aerodynamic and cooling effects) has been taken into consideration by the car companies.

That makes perfect sense. I presume you do not tell your insurance company that for a few days a year you have a different bonnet ;)

It would be an interesting one if you dropped one whilst changing them over for sure :)

Val, I see what you are saying but I thought your bonnet was fully paintshielded anyhow, so it's just an image thing since there should be no damage to your 'daily' bonnet?

I decided to paintshield only the new bumper mate, as it wasn't worth my while to do the new bonnet, for the above reasons.

TBH the water leakage into the engine bay was the biggest reason i decided to just use the new bonnet as shows only :)