Loan car

Harryjax

Dropped my 370z off at the dealers tonight so they can replace the steering lock on warranty.

They were suppose to give me a like or better as a curtesy car.

They said they only had a note or a quashqi as their 370z was out on a test drive and they weren't allowed to give me a GTR as it only had 55 miles on it? And won't be a curtesy car until it reached 15000 miles. !?!?

I said I didn't mind waiting until the 370z came back from its test drive. "That stumped them".

A few minutes later the manager came out and said there had been a mix up and he couldn't offer me like for like or better

and all they had was a Note / Quashqi

or an X-Trail.

They promised to have my car fixed first thing to minimise any inconvenience of having my car recalled, so I took the X-Trail.

To add insult I got about 500 yards down the road from the dealer and the fecking fuel low light started to flash.

I have to commute to head office tomorrow about 85 miles. Now forced to fuel the loan car after filling my 370z up last night. :dry:

Below is picture of loan car.

BFB30E99-D05E-4EE0-959F-40217CF7EF4B-18410-00001C5094245E8E_zps14afc52b.jpg

I think a letter of complaint will be penned this weekend. :angry:

yes - would have been nice, but whats wrong with the x-trail - I like it when I get given something completely different (would prefer it wasn't a note though)

Nothing wrong with it. Its obviously the managers company car and its minging on the inside backseats covered in mud and there is a slight odour of wet dog and no bloody fuel in it.

Drives like a canal boat wollowy and slow.

yes - would have been nice, but whats wrong with the x-trail - I like it when I get given something completely different (would prefer it wasn't a note though)

Nothing wrong with it. Its obviously the managers company car and its minging on the inside backseats covered in mud and there is a slight odour of wet dog and no bloody fuel in it.

Drives like a canal boat wollowy and slow.

ok - would agree with that - it at least needs to be clean (and not smelly) - fuel, well, you'd be using more in the zed, just don't put much in :surrender:

You're complaining they gave you wheels. I've just spent 2 weeks in a proton savvy. Have to say it was a right little hooner. Turns out its a Clio underneath the body shell. At the end of the day it meant I still had transport and didn't have to claim for lifts.

• Like 2

Its a loan car. The fault is nissans, not the garage. They are doing you a favour. Too many people these days think they have a god given right to something fantastic. If you check your warranty paperwork it wont say you are entitled to one.

just be happy you got something to get home in.

as for the fuel issue, if the light comes on then put some in. Im sure you would be the first to complain if the dealer took your car for a drive and used your fuel.

• Like 1

It takes 30 minutes to do so why are you leaving it with them? Mine is in Tuesday and they're doing it while I wait.

I've asked them to check gearbox as I get a clunk but only when cold so they wanted it so they could test drive from cold. When the car was up its ok.

It takes 30 minutes to do so why are you leaving it with them? Mine is in Tuesday and they're doing it while I wait.

I've asked them to check gearbox as I get a clunk but only when cold so they wanted it so they could test drive from cold. When the car was up its ok.

Ah right, brace for new gearbox!

Its a loan car. The fault is nissans, not the garage. They are doing you a favour. Too many people these days think they have a god given right to something fantastic. If you check your warranty paperwork it wont say you are entitled to one.

REPLY: -----------------------------------------------------

I took out and paid for an extended warranty and a service plan offered by the dealer which states should my car be in for service / Mot / manfacturer or extended warranty work. Then they would supply a curtesy car on a like for like or better basis for the period of time that my car was in the workshop.

------------------------------------------------------------------

just be happy you got something to get home in.

as for the fuel issue, if the light comes on then put some in. Im sure you would be the first to complain if the dealer took your car for a drive and used your fuel.

Reply----------------------------------------------------------

I expect to put fuel in it. But there was no fuel in it

And I had to get home with no cash in my pocket and no wallet with me.

They should check fuel and if you take a loan car with say 1/2 a tank then you return it with 1/2 a tank. -------------------------------------------------------

Stop moaning and make the best of it. I'm sure there are things you can use the X-Trail for that the Zed wouldn't do such as taking stuff at home to the tip. I remember when I had my Zed I was loaned an Insignia for 2 days and I was re-turfing my garden at the time, hello lots of new turf and paving slabs!

Oh and if your that worried about performance why did you take the X-Trail over the Quashqi?!