Y-Pipe

deankenny

stay away from jap speed also cobra y pipe is a good option as no flexi on them :thumbs: if decat but still want mot friendly the one with the race cat build in is good but not cheap wasso has one ill Motordyne XYZ Pipe

Edited by KC350Z

The Cobra Sport Y Pipe we offer fits perfectly, a direct replacement for the OEM Y Pipe, which can be seen here - http://cougarstore.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=112&zenid=7a960865758355d41783070083acd988

The above is less restrictive than the OEM system, so a great replacement... :)

Please do let us know if you need any further information... :)

If it were my car I would get the Stillen, Flexis are the biggest fail point on a Ypipe and the maximum warranty you will get is 2 years (Cobra) most like Nismo only offer 12 months as they know they don't last. The Stillen Ypipe has no flexis and is the only Ypipe that doesn't.

I sell both but the Stillen is more popular.

I think some people may be confused about the function of the flexible part of any exhaust. It's not there to make fitting easier. It allows for movement between the engine and exhaust system.

Before 'flexis' were common, the repetative twisting from the engine would fatigue a given point in the system which would inevitably split requiring repair or replacement. A flexible section at this stress point actually lasts longer than a solid section which may transfer the stress forces to another part of the system.

• Like 2

Got to be honest with my thoughts and they are if nissan spend money on R and D and decide flexi sections are needed then i would rather have them.

As mentioned before they allow for some movement and without having them you might start getting vibrations through the car.

I wouldn't be overly worried about Nissans R&D, if they were trying to design the best and most functional exhaust system for the 350z then I think they could have come up with something a bit better than the OEM systems for both the 350 & 370z but with most things costs was probably more of a concern over optimal performance and longevity..

If Flexis lasted a long time then I don't think I would sell as many replacement Ypipes as I have, like I say no one warrants them for longer than two years and I've seen them fail on Nismo systems within a year that's why I would personally choose or recommend a Stillen, entirely up to the customer what they choose.

I wouldn't be overly worried about Nissans R&D, if they were trying to design the best and most functional exhaust system for the 350z then I think they could have come up with something a bit better than the OEM systems for both the 350 & 370z but with most things costs was probably more of a concern over optimal performance and longevity..

I thought calsonic designed/manufactured the exhaust systems for Nissan?

Correct, same as Renault make the engine but it all comes under the Nissan badge.

Correct, same as Renault make the engine but it all comes under the Nissan badge.

Isnt it a VQ engine in the 350z designed by and made by Nissan in Japan, but used by Renault due to the amount of awards it won.

So what Renault does the VQ have a home. I was under the impression that although Nissan are partners with Renault the 350z was a purely Nissan.Also off topic I haven't looked to closely at this but do you think the 350z was a bit of a test bed for the R35 GTR .