Y-Pipe

deankenny

So what Renault does the VQ have a home. I was under the impression that although Nissan are partners with Renault the 350z was a purely Nissan.Also off topic I haven't looked to closely at this but do you think the 350z was a bit of a test bed for the R35 GTR .

Nope doubt it....the GTR is a completely different beast. The r35 does have a V-engine but thats about the only common link. Believe (from various junk floating around the internet at time) that Nissan did hope to keep config of old straight 6, but emissions and so on forced them to look elsewhere - hence the V.

So what Renault does the VQ have a home. I was under the impression that although Nissan are partners with Renault the 350z was a purely Nissan.Also off topic I haven't looked to closely at this but do you think the 350z was a bit of a test bed for the R35 GTR .

Nope doubt it....the GTR is a completely different beast. The r35 does have a V-engine but thats about the only common link. Believe (from various junk floating around the internet at time) that Nissan did hope to keep config of old straight 6, but emissions and so on forced them to look elsewhere - hence the V.

Yeah makes sense i suppose