BMW Z4 3.0SI vs Z4 3.2 M

stuarty

Been watching the prices of both the above cars for the past few weeks. There's really not much difference in price like for like.

Only major difference is performance and running costs. The 3.0 SI fuel economy is approx 31 mpg combined vs 22 mpg from the M. Performance is 0-60 time of 5.7 sec vs 5 sec.

Not sure of the tax difference and repair and servicing costs difference. But would the M be so much better over the 3.0 si. Also it's the coupe's i like!

If you can afford it go for the M! The M will probably hold it's value better in the long run, although when you're selling it next month and buying something else it won't likely matter all that much! :p

If you can afford it go for the M! The M will probably hold it's value better in the long run, although when you're selling it next month and buying something else it won't likely matter all that much! :p

No chance, i'm keeping what I've got for a while. Then i'll either buy a 350z, 370z or a z4 coupe! What i wont be doing is buying a new or newish car again. Far too many great cars around for under a third of there new price. I'm not going to be the guy that pays all the depreciation for someone else ever again!

My current Z4 is a 2009 and cost over 30k new, the previous owner bought it on a PCP, paid around £400 per month for nearly 4 years then handed it back and started again. I just bought it for less than what my 3 series coupe wold have depreciated in the next 3 years!

The M is an all round better car but it is 3-4k more for similar spec. These cars are between 12-18k so for that price I would go for an early 370z!

Yip agree, i'm just researching where i'll go next. Decided it will either be a z4 coupe or another 350Z or 370Z.

Yip agree, i'm just researching where i'll go next. Decided it will either be a z4 coupe or another 350Z or 370Z.

I think someone has a serious comittment issue!! :lol:

Barely a few months into ownership and already planning whats next, hope you have a very understanding other half :)

I think someone has a serious comittment issue!! :lol:

Barely a few months into ownership and already planning whats next, hope you have a very understanding other half :)

Months? 3 weeks!! Lol.

I thought you just hot a z4?

Yip, but i was only starting a bit of research on the Z4 M coupe and the Z4 3.0i

Does that mean you got the wrong car?

Again :p

No, i'm really happy, cars mint. Best of all worlds, TBH!

BMW, Roadster, 2 seats, great looks, great fuel economy, everything i want. Oh and ive already had folk commenting how cool it is, just like the 350Z, but unlike the E92!

The only reason i'm asking about the other cars is for the distant future, better doing as much research as possible!

I considered the z4m but a lot of reviews said the ride was ridiculously hard/stiff and didn't cope with UK roads very well - might be worth a test drive (I never got round to it, the 350z pulled me in :p )

My Z4 has the optional M sport suspension, it's probably as stiff as i would ever want to go. So if the Z4 M is stiffer then its going to be a harse rid!

Stuarty how many cars you gonna go through before you end up back in a Zed? lol :lol::p ... You know you want to...

Yeah mate, probably will. I bought the Z4 because i really liked it and that BMW were giving me thousands more in a trade in for my new E92 than nissan or anyone else, because it was only a few months old. The z4 is similarly priced to the equivalent 350Z but when you take into account the £3000 more trade in i got from BMW it made the Z4 a cheap car. If i had traded my E92 into a independent dealer for the Z4 i would have paid around the same price for the Z4 but got £3k less trade in.

TBH i'm just glad i'm out the new E92, it was a great car but was dropping like a stone and with the new 4 series coming out soon it would have got worse.

So i'm going to drive the Z4 for a while then sell it and buy a 350z, 370z or maybe a Z4 M coupe!

Can't see a 3L Z4 being great on depreciation either :shrug:

One Z4 is a generic roadster with a pretty good engine that's built for posing and fuel economy over dynamics, and one Z4 is a purposeful sports car with all the benefits and pitfalls that entails, and fitted with one of the all-time great engines. I know which one I'd choose.

I Think you should get another 350 too :p but the BMW looks great when you drove it to shell mate. As above solid built car with the looks and engine

Hi Shab, good to hear from you. Good to speak to you at the petrol station BTW. How you enjoying the zed?

Can't see a 3L Z4 being great on depreciation either :shrug:

One Z4 is a generic roadster with a pretty good engine that's built for posing and fuel economy over dynamics, and one Z4 is a purposeful sports car with all the benefits and pitfalls that entails, and fitted with one of the all-time great engines. I know which one I'd choose.

I did a rough calculation. If i had kept the E92 for 2.5- 3 years it would have depreciated about the same as what i paid for the Z4. So technically i got a free car! Lol.

So if i keep the Z4 for a 2 years, whatever i get for it will be a bonus. Might even keep it for the wife and son who share a new mini cooper. Then buy myself a zed or z4 m coupe!