Invidia and Berks 370z need a listen in the flesh

robin c

Ok so not sure if the Invidia and Berks HFC's are for me.

I need a listen in the flesh, does anyone run this combo near Windsor area that would fancy meeting up for a listen?

I am really happy with my Invidia but just feel needs a bit more aggression.

I am slightly concerned about the rasp and hiss with HFC's.But the power gains with the uprev look ok and I would need to fit HFC's before doing the uprev.

Ahh decisions...Also wish it would bloody warm up so I can sort the rear camera mod, the thing is a pig to park

Please no, im seriously considering changing to this same set up (as tarmac well knows lol) as i want some hfcs. There is a cracking video of a blue 370 in the usa and it sounds awesome. Must resist.

I may be interested to listen in too......

The hfcs do hiss when you take your foot off the throttle. Some more than others, i believe the stillen hfcs are one of the louder ones but i had the berks hfcs on my 350 and although they did increase the volume of the exhaust it was great and i do miss it.

I also added hfcs to my stillen exhaust on the 370 and in all honesty it was unbearable and very embarrasing, gave me an awful headache. They lasted 1 week. I believe that was due to a fitment issue with the stillen exhaust though so id beinterested to see what they would be like with the invida.

yeah that's my worry too much of the wrong type of noise, I don't want to look like a tool at traffic lights and wake the dead when I go for my 6am Sunday drives.

The Invidia is actually pretty mellow deep tone even at revs, a nice sound which doesn't sound ott, I don't want to ruin this.

Not sure, but I don't think the Invidia is supposed to be significantly different sounding to the Stillen so I would imagine anyone who found the Stillen and Berks too loud might well feel likewise about the Invidia and Berks. I'm just going on what I've read and seen on videos though, which I know isn't a substitute for a proper listen.

I'm running Invidia + Berks and it sounds amazing. I'm in Cambridge though, so probably can't help out on the live performance front.

The rasp and hiss really aren't a big deal (I get no hiss from mine) and the burble between shifts at low speed plus the joy that is synchro match make it worth every penny.

Uprev got me to 350 HP at the flywheel.

Go for it!

Edited by TheMacDaddy

Oh god, may have to pop to cambridge lol. Be good to check out your engine bay too.

Was reading that there are some quality issues with the invidia when the hfcs are added, welds cracking and leaks / splits. Put me off a little but seems only relevant in a few cases. Not sure which hfcs to go woth either, erz seems very popular with the invidia, not that ive been researching at all......

My concern is how loud it is going to be. I love the stillen but want more volume but not enough that it will drone or be too excessive in the cabin.

Do you have any videos, id be very interested then may plan a road trip :)

Not yet, I need a passenger to do it safely so I need to rope in someone from work one day.

You've got me worried now about those issues!

If you do fancy popping up let me know and I'll work out a plan.

Dont worry seems to be uncommon, nothings ever perfect.

Thanks for that Will now i am really considering HFC's. Just need to remember how much more cabin noise the roadster has over the coupe.

Also been eyeing up EZR's but would probably go berks as more common in the UK.

I think a joint black rosé road trip might be on the cards.

• Like 2

Actually there is less road noise in the roadster cabin because of all the plastic and insulation behind the seats, more noise in the coupes :)

Thought you'd like the video. Definitely up for a roadtrip to check out the setup. Will check diary. Tarmac must be smiling at this.