NEW - Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can

Adrian@TORQEN

Ermmm... why would you need a baffled catch can? I can understand a sump, but a catch can? Sorry for getting back on topic (and non-yoda language).

Don't oil vapours condense on the baffles (or stainless steel wool) and then drip to the bottom of the can?

If it's not that, then I'm genuinely baffled :tumbleweed:

Ermmm... why would you need a baffled catch can? I can understand a sump, but a catch can? Sorry for getting back on topic (and non-yoda language).

Don't oil vapours condense on the baffles (or stainless steel wool) and then drip to the bottom of the can?

Yes ...... And when FI it's even more important , along with crankcase ventilation .

I bought 2 mishimoto ones . The smaller ones though at £80 + vat each . Lovely well made bit of kit ..... Not sure i need 2 though as I have one fitted and the other side vented back into the charger as per stillens instructions .

^^ Same. Big one works really well (fortunately) in the PCV high vacuum side and is solid and properly sealed - so the design must have some practical validity. It certainly cleans vapours out to protect the manifold from engine vapours. Money well spent IMHO considering the thousands of FI investment it's helping to protect.

I too have a second smaller one which I haven't fitted yet. The second can was bought on a whim for the intake side - but so far not much vapour seems to drop out in the intercooler/inlet connected side - my pre-MAF intake pipe was clean as a whistle when I took it off for modification recently. I haven't checked upstream intercooler pipes however :thumbs:

Yes ...... And when FI it's even more important , along with crankcase ventilation .

I bought 2 mishimoto ones . The smaller ones though at £80 + vat each . Lovely well made bit of kit ..... Not sure i need 2 though as I have one fitted and the other side vented back into the charger as per stillens instructions .

Stillen instructions?

• Like 1

Sorry nic just seen this ......

Yes the intake side plumbs back In to the stillen intake hose for the supercharger . I guess if you wanted to run a catch can on this side you block that port off and run the pipe to catch can . Or as GM and others have done put a small KaN filter so it vents to atmosphere . Give me a buzz if this doesn't make sense :)