Greasy build up on knob (photos available upon request)

Stutopia

Having enhanced it just over a month ago, I've noticed it's now developing a slightly dulling layer of fine grease and natural skin discharge, up and down the shaft but mainly around the tip (which is high traffic to be fair). I've tried wipes, microfibres and a damp cloth but can't get it to really zing. I'm concerned it looks a little unsightly to anyone looking through my window, or worse still, if I'm giving someone a ride.

I wonder if there's anything stronger I could use to try to restore it, but I'm reticent to just start applying creams and lotions willy-nilly, without knowing if they'll do any lasting damage. Anyone got any suggestions?

Oh, nearly forgot. I've got a Evo-R Burnt Titanium knob.

I've always wanted special driving gloves, reminds me of karting as a youth. Great suggestion, well Partridge. I may get some and drive to Dundee in my bare feet.

May I suggest . . . .

1579336TANSML-glove-w-co-g.jpg

String back for that little bit extra purchase B)

Edited by SuperStu

I literally spat my cig out and blew smoke out my nose laughing at that. I can still barely type from shaking with laughter.

I think I need something more aggressive SMD, maybe with exfoliating beads.

Half-Round-Wood-Rasp-Files.jpg

:shrug:

Well, no one else has so I will, can we have some pictures on request please? :)

You asked for it. Sadly it's too dark outside for my iPhone, so I googled for some greasy knob photos all I got was loads like this: