Iron Man 3

Watched it last night and was entertained.

What did amuse me was...

...the shipping cranes at the final showdown. I work at the Port Of Felixstowe and noticed how they made those cranes look bigger by shrinking the Bromma Frames (yellow bit that picks up the containers).

Also the bit where Tony and Rhodes take cover on the crane, that area leads nowhere as it just goes to the servicing platform for the powercable reel. Also the cranes used were the older generation ZPMC cranes, we have the same ones at the port and the latest ones are actually bigger.

And nobody uses the wires to lift the containers like in the movie, wires are only used for out of gauge cargo that is loaded on flat racks, not regular 40" containers.

So yeah had a bit of a chuckle about that

:lol:

Geek!

Watched it last night and was entertained.

What did amuse me was...

...the shipping cranes at the final showdown. I work at the Port Of Felixstowe and noticed how they made those cranes look bigger by shrinking the Bromma Frames (yellow bit that picks up the containers).

Also the bit where Tony and Rhodes take cover on the crane, that area leads nowhere as it just goes to the servicing platform for the powercable reel. Also the cranes used were the older generation ZPMC cranes, we have the same ones at the port and the latest ones are actually bigger.

And nobody uses the wires to lift the containers like in the movie, wires are only used for out of gauge cargo that is loaded on flat racks, not regular 40" containers.

So yeah had a bit of a chuckle about that

:lol:

Geek!

Nothing geeky about it, it's my stuff I see every day at work.

It just how Hollywood puts their spin on real life things to jazz things up which would otherwise be mundane.

I can't wait for this, hence I'm not spoiling it for myself by watching any trailers as they always show the best bits. Same with Star Trek.

Totally agree - some trailers give away far too much.