Air Conditioning gas!!

4RE Leather

Correct Graham.

The figures are quite plain to see on the green sticker under the bonnet that my car has 550g of gas.

In the book of manufacturers figures it does not list the 350z. So I am guessing that who ever did this took the reading

from the Nissan 300 which is in the book and is about 700 plus gramms+.

Then decided to shove some more in for good measure.

If the guy did not know what the correct amount was, why did he not check?

And why does a Nissan grease monkey not know what a 350 is?

Surely they have been around for long enough?

Is there a difference between the VQ & HR?

I know nothing about these matters but am I glad I decided to get it checked, and then double checked by a different machine

and both said the same!

The longer I have this car the more little things I find that i shouldn't as time goes by!

AC machine could hold a lot of gas in it's pipe work and if no one recovers the machine itself after each use can get a false reading of what came out of car,use to happen a lot where i work till a few guys left.But most likely is that someone was leaning on the machine whilst it was recovering gas and upset the scales on it,again someone used to do that.If that much extra gas was in system AC could have been very noisy and performing very poorly as compressor working too hard or re-leaf would go off with quite a bang.

• Like 1

Is it a good idea to have the air con serviced if you've just bought a used car. I bought a used car last week, not really used the air con but i was at doctors today and I've got a throat infection. Am i being paranoid because i very rarely get ill.

I see this a lot, and not just with cars but also a lot of commercial refrigeration that i work on. some people still do not always use scales but charge to a target pressure not the best way as it's easy overcharge the system. i would assume that at some time in it's life the A/C has been re-charged and too much added.

Its a 2009 car with 17000 on the clock.

Strange but it has been working fine last summer?

I know they have a safety switch for when the pressure reaches 40psi or the like!

But even if there was some left in the system it dows not explain almost double the recomended amount!

Not unless someone has just wacked it in without empting or balancing as you say.

The guy that did it today does it for a living and has done for years.

Brand new machine and is a forum member who is watching this thread with interest:)

Plus we checked on another companys machine round the corner to double check the reading?

It just does not make sense, as when the car has been serviced I never ordered air con and was never charged for it?

I shall have to have a look through all the invoices to see if I have missed something.

Bottom line as someone said is to "get it checked over regularly".

I see this a lot, and not just with cars but also a lot of commercial refrigeration that i work on. some people still do not always use scales but charge to a target pressure not the best way as it's easy overcharge the system. i would assume that at some time in it's life the A/C has been re-charged and too much added.

Take a look at the 1st post and picture.

Its almost double the amount it says on the sticker under the bonnet!

:)

Is it a good idea to have the air con serviced if you've just bought a used car. I bought a used car last week, not really used the air con but i was at doctors today and I've got a throat infection. Am i being paranoid because i very rarely get ill.

:lol:

You think the car had a cold?

Lol. No but i remember reading somewhere that air con units in cars can release contaminants back into the car if the air con is not serviced properly.

Lol. No but i remember reading somewhere that air con units in cars can release contaminants back into the car if the air con is not serviced properly.

Not helped by a blocked pollen filter.

How many have changed there's recently?

I always change the pollen filter in any car I buy, but I was told the Zed does not have one. Is this true. ?

I always change the pollen filter in any car I buy, but I was told the Zed does not have one. Is this true. ?

I don't have a clue! Just changed the one on the runaround and was going to check the Zed as soon as it got warm.

I best go check the workshop manual!

You are correct they dont!

You are correct they dont!

That's saved you a few bob then.