ahhhhh this boot is driving me nuts

Toad

My uprated SGS struts were only on a matter of hours before this happened.

IMG_1605_zpse76cdb40.jpg

Working beautifully up until then. Closed boot, horrible noise of powerful discharge, opened boot and so relieved to see only damage was a small scratch to the taillight housing. Spoke to SGS, kindly replaced the pair (not just the broken plastic bit on the end). Not had a chance to re-fit yet :scare:

Before you ask, I didn't fit them incorrectly. Mechanic fitted them when it was in for other bits. Looked solid when I picked her up.

Toad, found a fix posted by off shore drifter.

Couldnt paste link on forum so pm'd you. Its under 350z FAQ s "boot pop fix" Adjusts the latch so now you have removed the weight and fitted new springs you might have to watch out opening the boot doesnt end in you being knocked out.

I thought it was discussed and agreed that there is absolutely no way the boot can raise itself, with whoever's struts. The struts exert no upward force on the boot lid until you lift it halfway up at least, due to the angle they sit at.

I thought it was discussed and agreed that there is absolutely no way the boot can raise itself, with whoever's struts. The struts exert no upward force on the boot lid until you lift it halfway up at least, due to the angle they sit at.

Having been strutless for a few days now I would certainly guess there's no way they could help pop it from closed. The sheer weight of the tailgate stunned me, but does explain why the boot never stayed open before! My rather fetching broomhandle prop gets some admiring looks at the golf course. Everyone wants a fully detachable, lightweight, eco friendly, solid wood boot strut now.

Guys my search powers have failed me, anyone got a link to how to adjust the latch?

20130412_143214_zps74455451.jpg

Open boot

Lift rubber off rear edge

Lift off plastic trim

loosen 2 x 12mm bolts

move latch down a bit

re-tighten bolts

Try boot

repeat as necessary

that someone is me i take it devilz, was looking for pictures but someone beat me to it, i wasn't going to take mine apart again to show pictures, and as i started this thread i presumed it would be ok to post that i finally got it sorted

• 7 months later...