Vertical Tonneau Cover / Boot Divider (Non OEM)

14N

They can definitely take it Special Delivery, only 2 weeks ago I posted a Zed headlight to Alex RMSD and the next day he did the same for guaranteed Saturday delivery, then a few years back I posted a motorcycle petrol tank. I think they take anything that is easily carried, i.e. - not too cumbersome or heavy. Just an option to look into because it'll be uber fast, insured to £500 and you can actually track it unlike Parcelfarces so called system.

I've been looking into postage (and questioning why I hadn't used Special Delivery previously). I'm not sure of the exact weight of the finished and packaged (I use 2x Jiffy bags) divider, but I know it's just over 2kg.

Using the price finder on the Post Office website, I think I know why.

A packet/parcel weighing 2000g with a value of £50 can be sent Special Delivery for £9.75. Once it tips over the 2000g mark (I tried 2050g) the £9.75 option disappears and the only Special Delivery option offered is £24.50. :thumbdown:

Hi All,

As some of you maybe aware, I've previously made my own vertical tonneau cover out of MDF and also sold a few on eBay. There does appear to quite a lot of interest for these at the moment and the OEM ones have recently sold on 'the bay' for over £150! :scare:

The one's I've sold on eBay have sold for between £60 and £90 plus P&P. Unfortunately someone has now seen the success of my divider and is now selling their own (my eBay username is NOT impy7).

I was just trying to get a feel from forum members to see if anyone would be interested in buying one from me if I were to make them? Here's a few pics.

350ZD15.jpg

350ZD14.jpg

350ZD12.jpg

I'm thinking of asking £45 plus P&P, which would be £14 via Parcel Force 48hr Express Delivery. This offers the best value and protection to ensure the divider arrives safely. Cost is a little high as each divider weighs 2kg.

I'd make the divider for each individual order I receive, so each one will be made just for you. Therefore if you do have a request such as not featuring the 'Z' or a different colour (red, blue, grey etc to match your car) this won't be a problem, but might involve a little extra cost (£5) for the coloured acoustic carpet if I have to order it.

I'm unable to sell any on the forum until I register as a member trader, so I'm really trying to gauge interest to see if anyone would be interested before I do.

Just to set expectations (and avoid any disappointment), I would be making them in my spare time, so there might be a delay of a week or two from you telling me you want one to you receiving it, but I will make your divider ASAP.

Please let me know by reply to this thread if you'd definitely want one and I'll add you to the list below. If I have enough interest, I will register ads a trader and begin production.

1. 350Ad

2. Arran

3. Olliecrx

4. Ewan221

5. MacW

6. JetSet

7.shane brede

So £59, delivered for a custom made vertical tonneau, who's in?

Cheers, Ian :thumbs:

I'm in if you start to do them as they are a pig to gey Edited by Shane Brede

I'll have one as Nissan don't even want to tell me how much they want to charge for an OEM

you have not seen the price off an oem one then :surrender: trust me you cant go wrong with I4N one good value for money and good quality :clap:

• Like 1

No worries Shane, I'm now all set up as a member trader so will be making some very soon. I'll add you to the list.

I'll put you down too KC. Oh, hold on..... :lol::p

I'll take one aswel please! I can probably collect too as I'm not too far down the road, save you the hastle of postage if that's alright?

That's fine Joe, I'll add you to the list. Whereabouts are you located?

No worries Shane, I'm now all set up as a member trader so will be making some very soon. I'll add you to the list.

I'll put you down too KC. Oh, hold on..... :lol::p

Yeah can use it as a wind defuser with the roof off if it ever goes down in this weather :p

I'll take one aswel please! I can probably collect too as I'm not too far down the road, save you the hastle of postage if that's alright?

That's fine Joe, I'll add you to the list. Whereabouts are you located?

theres a couple off little mid meets why not combine the two

Cheers guys. :thumbs: Looks like I got a busy couple of weekends ahead :lol:

If anyone that wants one is going to Japfest at Castle Combe, I can bring it with me if you wanna save a few quid on postage (and can wait till then).

I'm happy to wait until Japfest :thumbs: When would you want payment for it?

Cool :thumbs: If I'm going to be bringing a divider to Japfest (or any other meet), I'm happy to take cash on collection/delivery.

Am I adding you to the list morgs? :teeth:

Well, this has certainly served its purpose as a feeler thread! :)

Thank you to everyone so far for your interest, the first ‘batch’ is almost ready and I hope to be posting a few out over Easter. I’ll be sending PM’s to you guys soon. Please feel free to add comments/feedback to the new thread once you’ve received your dividers. It’ll be good (I hope) to hear your thoughts.

I have now created another thread to act as an ‘advert’ for my dividers. Please now visit my new thread here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/69257-350z-vertical-tonneau-cover-boot-divider/

Mods/Admin, please lock this thread.

Cheers, Ian :thumbs: