Mitsubishi L200 Animal ~ 2007 onwards?

Lee-Bmth

Anybody owned the new shape L200 Animal range? I hear the Animal edition has a few bhp more and creature comforts. I'm debating between this and a 335d BMW, quite a huge difference in car choices lol, but the L200 would suit my surfing lifestyle, but the flip side i do travel around a fair bit, and i don't trust the MPG examples on auto trader... and I'm torn, so if you had the L200 Animal would love to hear thoughts on MPG, comfort reliability... cheers

i also like the l200 warrior aswell as the newish toyota hilux's etc. i would imagine it would still return the best part of 40mpg surely? maybe a little less in town, maybe a bit more on the motorway...

two very different cars you have mentioned. i have a bmw 320d msport 2011 as my daily car and its everything i would like, its very comfy, its quiet, feels very solid and well built as with most bmw's, great music system, i like the driving position, everything just feels in the right place. i do return 65-70mpg quite easily.

im keeping my eyes open for one maybe at the right price, or the hilux as mentioned for a few reasons, id like to attend a few more competative drift and track days when iv finished the car, and not have to worry about having a breakage and calling a tow home. i think anyone who has a trailer to take their track car to the circuit drives with less worries since they are not relying on it to get them home afterwards. but something id like to do quite soon is get a small speed boat or might end up settling for a decent jetski. again, having a truck with the rear section to take everything with you, and the better ability to tow a trailer is what id like from it.

iv sat in trucks before, it is strange being above everyone, but its only because im not used to it. the new warriors do have lovely interiors as i found out when my old evo was in having work done at mitsubishi, i sat in all the showroom cars, usually have leather and have just as much gear as a bmw

i cant really offer an opinion on driving a truck but id imagine it will be quite different

We look after a couple of warrior's 25-30 mpg is what to expect

Navara is more comfortable and feel a bit faster but a bit thirstier

Get the Pathfinder or Navara.

Then put a plug and play tuning box on them for about £80 like I did on mine

And you are on 200bhp and 35 to the gallon.

The L200 wont get near it.

Edited by 4RE Leather

I'm a Ford Ranger fan, have had them all over the last ten years. You'll be lucky to see 27mpg on average, even driving like a granny. These things are so heavy that they rape fuel big time. More than comfortable to use everyday though, mine does and it's lovely. :)

I'm a Ford Ranger fan, have had them all over the last ten years. You'll be lucky to see 27mpg on average, even driving like a granny. These things are so heavy that they rape fuel big time. More than comfortable to use everyday though, mine does and it's lovely. :)

The new ford ranger is a bit of a beast its our best selling pickup by a long way at the moment had a lot of local farmers move from navara and L200 into them for the increased towing capacity

The new ford ranger is a bit of a beast its our best selling pickup by a long way at the moment had a lot of local farmers move from navara and L200 into them for the increased towing capacity

I've had my Wildtrak on order for months, still no delivery date :(

Glad it's not just me then! :lol: I was quoted a Jan delivery when ordered back in Oct, however when I picked up our Transit in Dec (ordered at the same time) the dealer said that on new Wildtrak orders they were quoting a Sept delivery, so I didn't expect to get it in Jan at that point.

Ford do need to step up production on these things at launch, we had similar issues with the last gen Ranger too.

Interesting reading! I think going on the poor mpg (Which I kinda presumed) on the L200, I'll give that a miss.

I've started to look at the Pathfinder, they're actually a nice looking bit of hardware and its a Nissan :D interesting about the MPG, not that bad and I like the idea of the "Plug and play" box!

Think I need a test drive, then debate what I want out of that or a bmw lol.. never easy eh

Edited by Lee-Bmth

I've been looking at the Navaras, my brother in law had an L200 and had major issues costing him £1000's which put me off a bit, I do think it looks better though.

I have a 535d msport for my daily, it's a 3.0l twin turbo, plenty of torque and power, reasonable mpg return, lots of electronics which is good and bad when they stop working, worst than the 350z in the snow but all in all a lovely car to drive.

I've been looking at the Navaras, my brother in law had an L200 and had major issues costing him £1000's which put me off a bit, I do think it looks better though.

I have a 535d msport for my daily, it's a 3.0l twin turbo, plenty of torque and power, reasonable mpg return, lots of electronics which is good and bad when they stop working, worst than the 350z in the snow but all in all a lovely car to drive.

I seem to have a similar car taste as you, I buy your 350z, and now looking for a 535, lol or possibly Navara going on the latest thoughts, going to hit autotrader in a sec. Curious, how do you find the 535, are you getting more than 30mpg around town? How about on a good run?

I've never really been one for watching MPG but I reckon around town it's probably late 20's and motorway is about 40.

I could probably get more if I drove more carefully but that's a bit boring, are you selling my old zed ? How's she running ?

I have a 535d msport for my daily, it's a 3.0l twin turbo, plenty of torque and power, reasonable mpg return, lots of electronics which is good and bad when they stop working, worst than the 350z in the snow bTut all in all a lovely car to drive.

I seem to have a similar car taste as you, I buy your 350z, and now looking for a 535, lol or possibly Navara going on the latest thoughts, going to hit autotrader in a sec. Curious, how do you find the 535, are you getting more than 30mpg around town? How about on a good run?

Builder49 ~ yeah that's my thoughts the navara looks the business. I did hear horror stories ref the navara engine, but i think everyone has a horror story about some car lol.

Tarmac ~ Ah cool, that's not bad MPG on the BMW... i do alot of company miles so wanna cut even. Test drives needed I think.

Your old 350z, been running well, cost me a small fortune in tyres, bulb replacements, belts lol but shes been running lovely, need to tidy roof up as some small chips appeared which put buyers off, hardly put any miles on her, and feels a waste...

Actually heres the link to her (also listed in "ebay or other")

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/nissan/350z/nissan-350-z-v6-2003/1106915

Cant work out if i over priced .. so difficult to judge