New HU arrived.

EvansJD2112

Very nice, it looks a lot like my 2500BT, but with much better brains inside. Really pleased with mine, even if the touch screen is a bit sluggish and not quite iPad standard. I'd be curious to know how you get on with the app radio feature, if you use that. I've not had much luck with mine with either iPhone 5 or iPad, but then again I didn't buy it for that feature.

Good luck with the fitting fun!

Really good unit, you'll not be disappointed! Pioneer stuff has been hard to beat in recent years.

Im in Northern Ireland and windscreen dab aerials are actually pretty good now we have completed the full digital switch over so you may find the same, before hand it was patchy at best.

A lot of dab radio stations transmit at 128kbps, whilst analogue radio can come out at 156kbps. Few dabs stations transmit at 192kbps.

Even at the higher rate it sounds very flat.... try tuning into a decent FM signal and DAB and switch between the 2 and you will hear what I mean...

Fitted this morning, took a couple of hours all in without any real probs.

Did forget to plug the FM aerial in though, annoying but that can wait!

Planned to put Dab aerial on passenger side of windscreen, but picked up interference when cable was routed in. Maybe too close to my power feed to the amp for my sub. So, aerial is now on the small side window passenger side and seems fine. Will go for a drive tomorrow to see if I need to change.

Sound is great on Dab and iPod, clear and louder than the Alpine it replaces.

Played with App radio for 5 mins. Looks good and will see how Dashcmd looks tomorrow.

Impressed so far, especially at less than £300

6189816dd49b88ca47b221075aef7890.jpg