Bose Sub Not Cutting It

Patch

Patch, I share the same sentiment. I'm sure a few years ago Clarkeson was moaning about getting punched in the back by the sub when testing the 350Z but i can't even feel a tickle to be honest. I also remember reading that Nissan reduced the power going to the sub. I'm not sure how much of it is true but i'd definitley like to hear/feel the bloody thing!

Lots of choices a few are -

Build a sub box obviously with decent sub in the OEM position

Fit an under strut type box of tonneau type cover with sub(s)

Do what I did and fit a 'Hammond Organ' (named by Papa)

d0abbe1a.jpg

Pioneer TS-WX77A

Can be removed if I really need the boot space but never had to yet :thumbs:

Sounds pretty good, you can feel the bass right through the car as a few will confirm, it certainly made Wasso smile :teeth:

Patch, I share the same sentiment. I'm sure a few years ago Clarkeson was moaning about getting punched in the back by the sub when testing the 350Z but i can't even feel a tickle to be honest. I also remember reading that Nissan reduced the power going to the sub. I'm not sure how much of it is true but i'd definitley like to hear/feel the bloody thing!

Are you sure you connection is ok?

after I repaired mine I can feel it throught the chair perfectly. Amazing how having a punch to the kidneys every few beats makes your right foot heavier...

Edited by ph 7

The bose sub does have some power, its the position that i dont like. I swapped out the headunit first and used my imprint processor and the bose sub had plenty of kick, it just felt wrong and was annoying that you felt it in your back all the time so it had to go.

The bose sub does have some power, its the position that i dont like. I swapped out the headunit first and used my imprint processor and the bose sub had plenty of kick, it just felt wrong and was annoying that you felt it in your back all the time so it had to go.

+lots I used the bose sub with my setup for a good year but was never happy with it...

To be honest since having the car I have barely used the radio. The sound of the exhaust trumps it all day long. I only use it when I'm on the motorway.

I use my Zed all year round and as a daily so when the weather is crappy I crank it up, I agree though in the summer it's windows down and listen to the car :cloud9:

I am running a pioneer hu and just done the RCA mod and very impressed with the results. Front speakers are now very loud and plenty of bass even at high volume with no distortion.

Saying that though I'm still considering the next step ..

I am running a pioneer hu and just done the RCA mod and very impressed with the results. Front speakers are now very loud and plenty of bass even at high volume with no distortion.

I've done the RCA thing too, just got some Alpine speakers for the front, I feel this could be a slippery slope though :surrender:
  • Like 1

I've done the RCA thing too, just got some Alpine speakers for the front, I feel this could be a slippery slope though :surrender:

Are you planning to just fit your new speakers into the existing system rather than amping them seperately? If so let me know how it goes as i am thinking of doing the same thing!

Cheers

Are you planning to just fit your new speakers into the existing system rather than amping them seperately? If so let me know how it goes as i am thinking of doing the same thing!

Cheers

AMP them.... AMP them....

Peer Pressure :stir:

Cheers

Non amp to start with, although I do plan to have a good listen to SMD's and Buster's :scare: