Braided line routing

dErZ

How have people routed their front braied lines? Is there a kit you can use to mount the lines like the OEM brake lines?

The rears are fine its just the fronts which have been cabled tied to the fork leg but theres still alot of cable floating around....

I had a nightmare trying to keep them all tidy and not fouling on the wheel/disc/suspension components with the supplied extras... .in the end went down to Demon Tweeks (which is thankfully local) and got these:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/hose-clips/automec-rubber-lined-p-clips

And now i know that they are safe. Pretty poor that the lines didn't come with these...

Hope this helps :thumbs:

• Like 1

DO NOT USE CABLE TIES!!!! Or cheap Halfrauds P-clips, I used the later & the rubber sleeving melted when on track thus resulting in the hose slipping, rubbing on the wheel & bursting the hose. 130mph heading towards an 80mph bend then having no brakes was not my proudest moment.

Buy some decent P-clips & make sure the rubber is of at the very least fuel line grade to ensure it doesn`t melt under high temps

6.4mm was recommended by the motorsport advisor at Tweeks. My mechanic seemed to think they were a perfect fit. As Darren stated, it really isnt worth cheaping out on this; i paid about £8 for 10 and they are a motorsport product, so hopefully will be adequate. Zip ties did cross my mind though... :headhurt: