Invidia Gemini true dual with a difference + Berks hfc's (video)

RichieB

Finally had my Invidia Gemini dual exhaust fitted along with the Berks hi flow cats. Had these delivered fromTarmac :thumbs: months ago and should have had them fitted long before now as I've been missing out on the sound :cloud9:

Despite the amount of R&D the manufacturer will have carried out, I decided to not use the x-over section but to have fabricated 2 straight sections in its place, making it a true true dual exhaust and having a slightly changed note due to both banks being separate. I realise this will take away the scavenging / balancing effect but figured any performance losses would hardly be noticeable and be out-weighed by the sound benefits :teeth:

Need to do a side by side side comparison with an unmodified Gemini to see how much difference it has made to the sound/burble.

IMAG0374.jpg

IMAG0359.jpg

Bumper tuck to finish it off

IMAG0381.jpg

Just need to get the Up-Rev tweaked now to accommodate these latest mods.

Stationary video:

th_350ZInvidiaGeministationary.jpg

Drive by:

th_350ZInvidiaGeminidrivebys.jpg

• Like 1

I had the original, g200 exhaust from invidia, it had no x or h pipe like the new ones. Indicia scraped this design and moved to the x because it is better, I think you'll find you will have made the exhaust quieter, the x pipe ads more burble and an h pipe or balance pipe sounds better, but doesn't perform as well. If it was me I'd take it back and get them to put a balance pipe in. Can be a smaller narrow gauge pipe, doesn't need to be same diameter. I did alto of research when I designed my own, and there was a reason I put the x pipe in.

Kept expecting to see some pikey appear in the second video and disappear with camera :lol: Sounds good from what you can hear on a camera mic :thumbs: always love to hear them in person.

I've got the Berks decats and as you say, the noise is just so worth it! Mine have been off for MOT and man do you notice the difference, can't wait to get them back on!

I must admit I always think its bollox saying an exhaust is 'true dual' when it got an X or H pipe in it. That means its not.

Fair play for turning it into a proper one.

I have the Invidia G200, as RT says above, is a true dual from the factory. I love it. Not sure whether being FI means the X or H pipe has less of an impact on it but I don't intend on changing it.

If its called a true dual it should be a true dual. Not a true dual ( with a little join in the middle)

I had the original, g200 exhaust from invidia, it had no x or h pipe like the new ones. Indicia scraped this design and moved to the x because it is better, I think you'll find you will have made the exhaust quieter, the x pipe ads more burble and an h pipe or balance pipe sounds better, but doesn't perform as well. If it was me I'd take it back and get them to put a balance pipe in. Can be a smaller narrow gauge pipe, doesn't need to be same diameter. I did alto of research when I designed my own, and there was a reason I put the x pipe in.

I must admit I didn’t do a lot of research and that’s why I have kept the x pipe from Invidia and not butchered it to use the end flanges for the mod. It may be installed in the future. To me the exhaust is loud enough (for now) but will be making a sound comparison when possible after it has a few hundred more miles through it. I take on board what you’re saying about performance.

Kept expecting to see some pikey appear in the second video and disappear with camera :lol: Sounds good from what you can hear on a camera mic :thumbs: always love to hear them in person.

I've got the Berks decats and as you say, the noise is just so worth it! Mine have been off for MOT and man do you notice the difference, can't wait to get them back on!

:lol: didn’t want to drive too far away plus the police siren makes it sound like a real dodgy area. Weekend afternoons on the industrial estates tend to be quiet though.

I must admit I always think its bollox saying an exhaust is 'true dual' when it got an X or H pipe in it. That means its not.

Fair play for turning it into a proper one.

I have the Invidia G200, as RT says above, is a true dual from the factory. I love it. Not sure whether being FI means the X or H pipe has less of an impact on it but I don't intend on changing it.

If its called a true dual it should be a true dual. Not a true dual ( with a little join in the middle)

I know what you mean. There are a couple of exhausts like yours that have no join so should be no harm in running an exhaust like this even in my case where it may not be performing at optimum as designed.

• 1 month later...

I also have the early true dual version, manifolds and hi flows, it sounds right for me ( and my neighbours ) although have been looking at the japspeed has replica so I could do a bumper tuch and show off the diff cover. A k1 is way too noises for me, tried it and hated it