New Zed has arrived! Shall I paint or wrap the roof?

Louisa911

Hello!

Finally picked my 350z up last night!

My boyfriend has a friend who sprays for a living, so usually works out about the same price as a wrap would cost.

Firstly I want to get the front bumper resprayed as there is a scrape on the passenger underside from a kerb or rock? Also, its not at all noticeable to the naked eye, but in the photograph I took this morning (below) it looks like the front bumper has already had a respray and the colour match isn't quite there. So I'd like that respraying (might also source some clear or smoked reflector lenses too whilst bumper is off)

This leads me onto the roof... there are a few spiderweb type cracks from stones or something on the roof, one is starting to show a teeny weeny speck of rust. Do you reckon I should get it sprayed gunmetal at the same time as the bumper?

Or should I get it painted gloss black and tint the back window?

.....and on top of that, even though the price is about similar for me, would you rather get it wrapped so its removeable? But then I'd still like to know that those spiderweb crack chips are gone from underneath else I'll always know they are there!

What do you reckon?

car.jpg

Lou

Yeah, does look like the bumper is a different colour. One of the problems is that body parts made of varying materials do tend to look a bit different to each other...even on brand new Zeds at certain angles you can spot differences, the petrol cap filler is a classic example. Yours does however looks like its had a respray at some stage.

Pete

Does look a bit that way on the photo- but to the naked eye it doesn't look at all different. Only noticed when the pic was opened up on my high res apple monitor at work!

Either way that will be getting sprayed soon, think i'll colour match it to the wings / bonnet.

Edited to add: don't think the lighting in that picture helps either- its parked in between two barn / garage buildings so its more lit up at the front end. But there's still definitely a difference!

Edited by Louisa911

If I wrap it, should I sort out the tiny bit of rust so it doesn't get any worse? Its literally like a tiny stonechip about 1mm in width. Just don't want to take the wrap off if I came to sell it, and it pull a load of paintwork off or discover some large bubbles :scare:

Jay I think I agree with you- least the paint gets rid of that and ease my mind. Small thing but I hate little niggles!

Edited by Louisa911

Hi Lou....great looking car, almost identical to mine. I wouldn't do anything too drastic, maybe match the bumper and that to the bodywork..assuming its not the photo. Your Zed also has a purple hue coming through, is it gun metal? I had bead news this week....heard a noise coming from the car, took it to a garage only to find out that 1, possibly 2 wheel bearings have gone. Had it a week and already splashing out lol

• Like 1