It's here at last

Billy7766

Nice ride.... Black is the only way to go Billy ;) Though I did read today that Black is the new Silver and soon our roads will be full of Henry Ford's fondest colour :(

Have you had a black car before? Just make sure you practice good washing technique and NEVER go thru a car wash. Black is beautiful when clean but a bi!ch the keep it clean. 2 bucket wash method is a must (I use 3 - one for the wheels only), as is a proper drying towel and something like Last Touch or Quick Detailer to finish it off. Be sure to build up plenty of layers of wax too which will give you some much needed protection.

I've just spent £200 on having mine detailed to get rid of swirls and horrible marks from poor ownership (the guy before me obviously didn't care too much about it), and it looks SWEET. I won't let anyone else near it with a bucket now.

Enjoy it. Clean in the summer, there is no better colour. imo of course.

Nice ride.... Black is the only way to go Billy ;) Though I did read today that Black is the new Silver and soon our roads will be full of Henry Ford's fondest colour :(

Have you had a black car before? Just make sure you practice good washing technique and NEVER go thru a car wash. Black is beautiful when clean but a bi!ch the keep it clean. 2 bucket wash method is a must (I use 3 - one for the wheels only), as is a proper drying towel and something like Last Touch or Quick Detailer to finish it off. Be sure to build up plenty of layers of wax too which will give you some much needed protection.

I've just spent £200 on having mine detailed to get rid of swirls and horrible marks from poor ownership (the guy before me obviously didn't care too much about it), and it looks SWEET. I won't let anyone else near it with a bucket now.

Enjoy it. Clean in the summer, there is no better colour. imo of course.

Yeah I've had black cars for the last three (so nearly 8 years now) and you're spot on wrt how hard they are to keep looking nice.

I decided to drive to my meetings today, and had to go through Hyde Park, music up, sun out life is sweet :yahoo: had a whole crowd of Spanish students walking past and gawping :teeth:

OK I think I know the answer to this but what do you mean by a 2 bucket wash?

I've invested in some Autoglym products at the Halfords 2-for-1 weekend, got some wash, what they describe as "deep shine" which is bascially a polish, a shamy type thing (called "aqua-dry", I mean seriously thier marketing dept needs a good kicking...I digress) and some fast glass spray so I'll give it a good going over this weekend....any dos and don'ts gratefully recived. :thumbs:

pm'd with 2 bucket info and a whole boring bit about washing that I thought was too anal for here :blush:

SUMMARY THOUGH:

I'm learning a lot recently. www.detailingworld.co.uk is a forum for car cleaning guys, and boy these guys like to keep their cars clean.

Anyway, you'll learn a lot on there but you'll also get confused so I'll give you the basics that I've been taught and now practice so as to minimise (eliminate) the chance of creating swirls and marks on the black.

2 bucket wash is this:

1 bucket for your shampoo, 1 for cleaning your mitt between uses

(NEVER put your mitt into your shampoo bucket until you've rinsed it in the 2nd bucket)

I use a 3rd bucket for the wheels. I also use a separate mitt for the wheels.

• 2 weeks later...