BR Racing coilovers

taffyjason

Got them, like them :) easy to adjust the height and can be set to near oem stiffness or as hard as you would want for uk roads.

Just make sure you know how to set them up as the rears can be tricky. Best part is they come with extensions for the rear stiffness adjusters so they can be adjusted easily from inside the car, Altho mine are a bit long and could do with a trim as they hit my rear window.

Had the car on track and it felt fine but had not been out on track with my jdm suspension so cant compare. Still adjusting to find the best setup for fast road but thats part of the fun. Has the necessary brackets to mount your brake lines to aswell.

• Like 1

I had JDM suspension which I believe was slightly stiffer than uk spec but I wanted to drop the cars ride height so bought them. I had some new bushes fitted also which helped me feel an improvement. Honestly, I normally cant tell the difference for the mods I do to the car as I am constantly pushing it that bit further compared to when I first had it as I didn't drive it on the edge (probably need a sledgehammer to hit me to feel it). So ask other people and they might say wow! what a change! Myself on the other hand just felt 'yeah ok this can be quite harsh, bumpy and stiff or on soft setting it can be near standard if I remember what standard is :wacko: ' Hope that jibberish is of some help :lol:

well a few things are making think change suspension, i have made quite a few mods and now under acceleration it leans back, rolls a little too much on cornering for my liking, but also crashy over crap Norfolk roads, i was wondering how these very nicely priced coilovers could address some of those issues

Just went for new standard bushes from ZMANALEX if I remember right, also got new bolts as most of mine were rusted = damaged bush when I got ****'ed off trying to remove them.

Plenty of adjustment so you can find some setting you will be happy with. I tend to change mine depending on journey or if the missus is in the car :dry:

You will have to remove the whole hub to change the bushes, as I said I only did it cos I was doing the work myself for the first time and struggled to get the bolts free. The standard suspension has the nut welded onto the shock and over time it can fuse like mine which ment I had to cut the fork at the bottom of my oem shock as the bolt was solid.

If I had the money I would go polybushes all round.

Are you doing the job yourself? If it is a garage they will probably have better tools than me and more experience so you could get away without changing the bushes.

Just to add to this ever adapting thread. Great coilys, had them on the car for over 2 years now and haven't missed a beat, dropping the car 25mm I also had to fit new a-arms and full camber kit to mine, but not all Zeds are the same.

As I'm probably selling the car, my own BC racing coilys are coming off and will be put up here for sale soon, along with a Buddy Club exhaust system and probably 4x Varrstoen 2.2 wheels and tyres. Thought I'd drop that in there ;)

Just to add to this ever adapting thread. Great coilys, had them on the car for over 2 years now and haven't missed a beat, dropping the car 25mm I also had to fit new a-arms and full camber kit to mine, but not all Zeds are the same.

As I'm probably selling the car, my own BC racing coilys are coming off and will be put up here for sale soon, along with a Buddy Club exhaust system and probably 4x Varrstoen 2.2 wheels and tyres. Thought I'd drop that in there ;)

Darn, already bought new ones :D thanks though :)

if your changing them i'd be tempted to poly bush the whole car.

My engineer spits at poly bush-ing roads cars, he's done that for a few customers who had them removed due to the horrid ride they create...is this exoperienced with other zed users? i am told to go OEM

I personally don't rate poly bush myself.

OEM or any type of "rubber" bush are much better.

So if you are going to replace bush, OEM is the way to go.

Jerrick

I think your view on polybushes have biased your answer jerrick :)

It really does not matter if you rate them or not but if they are effective in doing what they are meant to do. You can't compare them or say one is better.

My whole car is polybushed, in KW v3(soon to be replaced by clubsports), all adjustable arms and antiroll bars and its a mahoooosive handling improvement to OEM in fact when I drive an OEM car it feels shockingly loose but the rude quality is miles better than mine which has so much NVH, stiff and with running very wide tyres also tramlines and bump steers a lot. The whole car is alive in your hand and I love it because of the handling trade off.

The OEM rubber bushes have a lot of compliance to make the ride smooth and dampen suspension and road NVH but in the other hand for sharp and responsive handing they are not optimal. Polybushes are exactly the opposite and the emphasis is not rude quality so it all depends what you are looking for and how much compromise you want to make.

I have always advised people here that the best street handling upgrade to just improve on stock and maintaining good ride quality are:

-Eibach pro or sportline springs or value coilies like BC racing or meisters,

-polybushes to OEM antiroll bars only or stretch Eibach antiroll bars.

-ultra high performance tyres

- ensure the front compression bush is intact if not replace with OEM or polybush

-finally a recheck of alignment and suspension geometry.