Brake Discs and pads

x20drb

Hi Guys, someone said recently that they think my discs and pads are fairly worn on the front, how can i check this for my self, what can i look for?

also if they do need replacing, whats do people recommend, ive heard ds2500 mentioned alot, im assuming those for pads? and what about discs, quite fancy grooved ones?

Thanks in advance

Personally for me with discs, if there is a lip from the edge of the disc to the main surface, and if the surface isn't smooth... they go in the bin.

On my old car I used EBC yellow stuff pads (little dusty) /discs (smooth), very happy with them and had used them for 3 years.

I'll do the same for the 350z later this year.

Alex and CS have everything you'd ever need.

A really decent setup would be DBA Rotors with DS2500 pads or you could go OEM with a Brembo setup. I am currently running Black Diamond discs and pads from CS and have had no problems. These are on the lower end of the price scale though and hence will not be as good as the DBA... but are absolutely fine for everyday road driving.

• Like 1

Ferodo DS2500 are great, my car came with them.

Then I fitted some cheap Pagid pads and they weren't up to much so didn't stay long. Now running EBC Yellow which are good for road use so far, but a bit dusty and definitely not as confidence inspiring as the DS2500.