Polisher/buffer

wanted

The DAS6 DA polisher with Menzerna compound is a pretty foolproof combination for starting off - if it worked for me it will work for anyone!

Using a DA will give a much better finish than by hand as it works the compounds properly, allowing the particles to gradually breakdown and get rid of swirls, holograms etc without any worry about burning through the clear coat or colour coat. A DA (dual action) has a random orbit motion which ensures you can't overheat the clear/colour coat and "burn through". DON'T be tempted to use a rotary as your first machine - too easy to overdo it and strike through.

Detailing world will give you endless hours of tips and processes to use - well worth taking some time to read through the relevant beginners threads. Be warned though this is a slippery slope as you experiment with different polishes, waxes, sealants, glazes etc. My preference after claying and using DA is to glaze with WetGlaze 2 then seal with Auto Finess BUT everyone will have their own preferences!

I was sceptical until I tried it for the first time on my Trophy Blue ZT - the end result is just outstanding. Hopefully some decent weather at Easter weekend will let me treat the Zed to a deep detail.

David

Edited by Tinyflier

The DAS6 DA polisher with Menzerna compound is a pretty foolproof combination for starting off - if it worked for me it will work for anyone!

Using a DA will give a much better finish than by hand as it works the compounds properly, allowing the particles to gradually breakdown and get rid of swirls, holograms etc witout any realy worry about burning through the clear coat or colour coat.

Detailing world will give you endless hours of tips and processes to use - well worth taking some time to read through the relevant beginners threads. Be warned though this is a slippery slope as you experiment with different polishes, waxes, sealants, glazes etc. My preference after claying and using DA is to glaze with WetGlaze 2 then seal with Auto Finess BUT everyone will have their own preferences!

I was sceptical until I tried it for the first time on my Trophy Blue ZT - the end result is just outstanding. Hopefully some decent weather at Easter weekend will let me treat the Zed to a deep detail.

A DA (dual action) has a random orbit motion which ensures you can't overheat the clear/colour coat and "burn through". DON'T be tempted to use a rotary as your first machine - too easy to overdo it and damage the clear/colour coat.

David

:thumbs:

as already mentioned above, go to Tim at Envy, bought from him last year & vey pleased with the results. Be prepared however, with all the different stages involved, to lose a whole weekend!!

as already mentioned above, go to Tim at Envy, bought from him last year & vey pleased with the results. Be prepared however, with all the different stages involved, to lose a whole weekend!!

I've spoken to him today. I'm not fanatical when it comes to polishing, I just want a good result in the quickest time possible. Maybe with a decent machine I will grow to enjoy it. We'll see.

I've spoken to him today. I'm not fanatical when it comes to polishing, I just want a good result in the quickest time possible. Maybe with a decent machine I will grow to enjoy it. We'll see.

When you see the finish you can achieve with a machine polishing - you WILL be addicted...not only to getting a swirl/hologram free finish but also keeping it that way. Is nearly as bad as "Zeditus"....!

:)

David