Exhaust & Db's

Jetpilot

Done a search and not much mentioned about db levels for track enthusiasts. Going to try to attend some local meets to get some ideas but from here and you tube clips, i am pretty smitten with the HKS.

Castle Combe will probably be the strictest i attend, 98db at 4500rpm static 1m away from the tip. Any ideas or personal experiences with track noise tests.

You have to have something pretty damn loud to not pass them tests at 4,000RPM.

Aks smudgedon, we did a test on his and I think it was 98DB which is deafening to say the least.

My Kakimoto is about 90DB, which is not THAT loud... I dont think.

You would be surprised at 4500rpm only a meter away, a buddies TVR was 104db (every 3db increase is rougly twice as loud), lol and his girlfriends standard Porsche 911 was 96db. A lot depends on tone as well.

Ye I'm worried about mine at track days

On the way up to 4500rpm it was over 100dB, easily

Keeping it at 4500rpm produce about 96dB if I remember right?

Then letting off the throttle caused it to shoot back up to over 100...I can't even imagine what a driveby would be like

Lol you'd be black flagged on the way in to the ground Jordan :lol:

Mine measure 90db, Horsham silenced decats, stock y pipe (did have cobra) and resonated Cobra system. With the y pipe aswell it was just a touch to loud for me.

If you want a y pipe aswell fella, I'm selling my cobra one if your interested, was on the car a week about 60 miles

Then letting off the throttle caused it to shoot back up to over 100...I can't even imagine what a driveby would be like

What exhaust do you have?

There is a bit of knack with the statics, make sure the car is nice and warm, dont just bang it straight up to 4500k, build it slowly so you dont get any resonance and keep your foot on the clutch as to avoid gearbox noise :)

There is a bit of knack with the statics, make sure the car is nice and warm, dont just bang it straight up to 4500k, build it slowly so you dont get any resonance and keep your foot on the clutch as to avoid gearbox noise :)

Trust me, I raise the revs gently with the clutch down and it's still VERY loud

Berk decats, Motordyne XYC pipe, straight through 3" mid pipe to Nismo backbox

Lol, you really need to hear his exhaust...

Lol, you really need to hear his exhaust...

Sounds like one i should avoid if hoping to hit db tests :)