Dave-350's Gunmetal 350Zee - Facial Surgery Page 5

Dave-350

I had the belts fitted and also got my self some old school ramps which are so handy!

I removed the Kakimoto exhaust and attempted to raise the system up, I managed to get about 10mm which did make a lot of difference to how it sits!

Sorry, not the best pic!

34y18oi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, after 2 weeks of messing around with the coilovers I have just about finished...

HSD Coilovers with Eibach adjustabe camber arms. Sorry the pictures arent great, iphone!

Full 3D wheel alignment (That I will be making a seperate thread about soon)

2ex4sk3.jpg

Back end is quite low to the ground...

2h5o0ax.jpg

ipzk44.jpg

33xu543.jpg

Next on the list is the Aeriokit side skirt steps like Buster and theheff have on their Zeds... Im going to get them wrapped in Carbon fibre to match the front lip... Should look good :)

Now the car is lowered though I cant help but feel I need more poke on the wheels!

• 3 weeks later...

So over the Easter weekend I managed to get a few more jobs done...

Firstly, here is the chrome powder coated plenum that looks great. Many thanks to Buster, Keyser and Mrs Keyser for sorting this out for me.

n5it55.jpg

I managed to get a set of Aerokit side steps, and then wrapped them in Carbon vinyl to keep with the flow of the front splitter and colour scheme I have going on...

537243_10151406016634790_1604153590_n.jpg

150484_10151406016674790_874972618_n.jpg

if0f9e.jpg

I also tested out my WaxyBox products, some of which are incredible products that I will be purchasing.

iwn2g2.jpg

otdap0.jpg

So what do you guys think?

Looks cool B)

Nice work with the skirts. I tried wrapping my front splitter when I got it. Hence the reason I now have a lot of spare vinyl and a painted splitter - it ain't easy doing something that size/shape! :rant:

Looks cool B)

Nice work with the skirts. I tried wrapping my front splitter when I got it. Hence the reason I now have a lot of spare vinyl and a painted splitter - it ain't easy doing something that size/shape! :rant:

Yea, it can be a pain in the ass. I have never done it before, and only decided to do it as I couldnt find any carbon fibre skirts I liked!

Looks ok though I think :)

If you've got any decent sized off-cuts, you'll be sat in your car soon, maybe in traffic etc, looking round the interior thinking "Hmmm, what else can I wrap"?

It'll happen, I betcha.

If you've got any decent sized off-cuts, you'll be sat in your car soon, maybe in traffic etc, looking round the interior thinking "Hmmm, what else can I wrap"?

It'll happen, I betcha.

Haha, maybe!

The stuff I got looks quite good, it was sold as '4D carbon'. If you could clear coat it you would never know it was a vinyl, pretty cool stuff! A lot cheaper than my splitter was lol.

The stuff I got looks quite good, it was sold as '4D carbon'. If you could clear coat it you would never know it was a vinyl, pretty cool stuff! A lot cheaper than my splitter was lol.

Sounds like the same vinyl I got. (I didn't get the expensive 3M stuff).

In the current economic climate, I've heard that Formula 1 and MotoGP teams are wrapping fibreglass and aluminium parts in carbon look vinyl to save costs.

I may of made that last 'fact' up.....

Edited by 14N

Haha, maybe!

One thing I'd suggest is, I'd test on a piece first as the clear coat could fill the pores of the vinyl making it just looking like black until you really look.

• 3 weeks later...