Seafoam - Guide ?

JackStrong

Hi.

Well the car is just about to hit 90k, still running well, oil consumption has become noticeable but nothing bad.

Got a service and mot coming up and want to seafoam the car, prior to the event. Are there any guides ? Specifcally what areas to insert the sea foam. Specially for the intake vacuum.

I had intended on putting it in the oil and fuel, say a few days before the service. that ok ?

Thanks

Seafoam is pretty easy. On the celica there was a brake booster line that connected the the air intake (im assuming theres something similar on the Z), you have to suck up 1/3rd of the can into the engine VERY SLOWLY so as not to hydrolock the engine whilst also keeping the revs high as it will try to stall.

Once its all in there turn the car off for at least 15 mins and then fire her up again. You will probably need to stand/sit there for 4-5 mins revving the engine (not like a mad man, just upto 3k ish rpm, little throttle blips) and smoke will come out the back. Then take it for a "spirited" drive until you notice theres no smoke coming out the back, iirc the can says you need to use hard throttle inputs to force the dirt to come out of the engine. With the celica the first time i floored the throttle the car spluttered coughed and almost stalled, i looked back and couldnt see the end of the street for the fog i had created...so just be aware of that.

The other third put into a nice fresh tank of fuel and the last third put it into the engine oil. you need to change the oil after 100 miles orso as it will thin the oil and degrade its performance.

I did it on a car with 140,000 miles, it needed it badly lol!

Seafoam is pretty easy. On the celica there was a brake booster line that connected the the air intake (im assuming theres something similar on the Z), you have to suck up 1/3rd of the can into the engine VERY SLOWLY so as not to hydrolock the engine whilst also keeping the revs high as it will try to stall.

Once its all in there turn the car off for at least 15 mins and then fire her up again. You will probably need to stand/sit there for 4-5 mins revving the engine (not like a mad man, just upto 3k ish rpm, little throttle blips) and smoke will come out the back. Then take it for a "spirited" drive until you notice theres no smoke coming out the back, iirc the can says you need to use hard throttle inputs to force the dirt to come out of the engine. With the celica the first time i floored the throttle the car spluttered coughed and almost stalled, i looked back and couldnt see the end of the street for the fog i had created...so just be aware of that.

The other third put into a nice fresh tank of fuel and the last third put it into the engine oil. you need to change the oil after 100 miles orso as it will thin the oil and degrade its performance.

I did it on a car with 140,000 miles, it needed it badly lol!

There is one word in your statement, that even if I were contemplating this, which I'm not, would deter me from using this:- HYDROLOCK!!!! Awaits flaming by more knowledgeable folk. :)

"On the celica there was a brake booster line that connected the the air intake (im assuming theres something similar on the Z), you have to suck up 1/3rd of the can into the engine VERY SLOWLY so as not to hydrolock the engine whilst also keeping the revs high as it will try to stall."

Is this also on the 350z throttle body then ?