this could go very wrong

Dannyg

I'm thinking of doing something similar to hide a multitude of sins on my centre console, I like the look of this. Sorry for the barrage of upcoming questions. Any lessons learned you could share? Where did you source the material/adhesive? Is it special automotive? Did you consider a contrasting colours to the rest of the interior? I quite like aubergine, but then again I'm weird.

http://www.fabric-online.co.uk/media/Aubergine_Suede_xl.jpg

Edited by SuperStu

Bought the suede from eBay think it was called faux suede was the only stuff I could find at the time, the adhesive was just a spray on one that u can get from any motorshop or b&q

I found glueing a section at a time instead of spraying glue over the whole console and attaching the fabric was easier, I also used card as a template for around the top gauges. So I got the shape and ssize right before starting to cut holes

The stuff I had was a pain to get a neat edge with but folding it over and the edges solves this